Newbie Newbie Newbie Newbie

Thread: Newbie

Jasper302 Guest

Default Newbie

Hi I just picked up a 1992 Starcraft SFM 190. I'm really looking forward to learning how to fish Erie. I used to go with my Mom & Dad and sometimes out with my Uncle. That was when I was in my early teens and all I really did was reel in the fish. I'm 30 now and want to do it with my wife and daughter. I think I will learn the most form the guy I bought the boat from, but I would really like pointers from others.

Boardman Guest

Default Newbie,

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper302 View Post
    Hi I just picked up a 1992 Starcraft SFM 190. I'm really looking forward to learning how to fish Erie. I used to go with my Mom & Dad and sometimes out with my Uncle. That was when I was in my early teens and all I really did was reel in the fish. I'm 30 now and want to do it with my wife and daughter. I think I will learn the most form the guy I bought the boat from, but I would really like pointers from others.

Depending on your budget and how serious you are about fishing, a good combination GPS/Sonar rig will go a long way to helping you to locate fish and returning to those areas while fishing and on future trips. It looks like your boat was used for trolling at one time and this rig will help in that process. You have a nice boat, hope you enjoy it!

Jasper302 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Boardman View Post
    Depending on your budget and how serious you are about fishing, a good combination GPS/Sonar rig will go a long way to helping you to locate fish and returning to those areas while fishing and on future trips. It looks like your boat was used for trolling at one time and this rig will help in that process. You have a nice boat, hope you enjoy it!
    Heres what I have.

Eagle Ultra III Plus
    Garmin GPS Map 76CSx
    Uniden Polaris Ship to Shore.

Boardman Guest

Default Newbie,

Looks like you are all set in that department. You mentioned that you were going to get help from the guy you bought your boat from. If you have specifc questions, just post up here. There are plenty of guys willing to help.