wind wind wind wind
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wind

Post Thanks / Like

I am just jealous. I drove up late Sat night and had a little snafu. My boat wasn't set in the water. Drove home. tried driving up again Sun night and was greeted with a stiff Noreaster Monday morning. Didn't feel like beating up the family.........One of my all time favorite areas on the lake is about 1 mile dead North of Niagra. There is a little rock pile out there and I catch fish just about everytime I get over top of it. Things will clear up for me soon. I plan on being off all of June, July and August. One of these days, I will get on one of these walk on trips of yours. They sound awesome. Keep us posted.......Spoontang

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jig View Post
    what getts it started spoony is it the water temp and moon we have been up like in second week of june and got four and others got like 3 or 4 limits but i think these cold snappes are going to deley the movment dont you
    Fish migrate just like ducks and other species. I think daylight hours contribute most to migration. More daylight hours means more temperature and vice versa. Forage is the other main factor. The area I fish between Wheatley and Erieau in July and August is deep and holds so much life when the rest of the lake can't and I think the majority of it is tempetature related. Take a look at this chart http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/...t&type=N&hr=15 Note the two charts. One is bottom temp. Still nice and cool down deep. That will keep the fish and bait around for a while. I think we are 2 weeks away from seeing the lake turn over. This June should shape up for stellar fishing in the Western basin. Question for Walidave- What is the average size of the fish you are catching? I am guessing the average is 24" or so. Everything I have caught is fat and healthy. Many heavy coolers will hit the dock this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default spoontang

You should have called me i would have been happy to help you out id would have taken the family fishn i usually have afternoons to myself
    Captain Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default fish size

most of the fish we are getting north of niagra toward A can are between 19-23 with 5 over 26 coming in this weekend. out west they were much smaller where i had to fish when we got the ne wind and turn lake to mud puddle!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had short trips planned as I had to work at 3pm each day. I was hoping to set lines at 5am with glow spoons and cranks down. I love fishing before sunrise. I really appreciate the invite and we will fish soon. Do you enter the lake from the Portage River?

Post Thanks / Like

Default eye movment

thanks spoony and waildave for info what water temp would make them about 60