8/17 perch 8/17 perch 8/17 perch 8/17 perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8/17 perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 8/17 perch

Been fishing western lake Erie for over 60 years, but don't recall seeing such a long stretch of east/ Ne/ se winds....perch catching falls way off for me when the winds are from these directions. Looking at long range forecasts, these winds will be here for sometime, so leeching may be very slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Well…it was what I expected. Very slow bite. Only 6 keepers all day. The only good thing was they were all 10-12”. Everything else was under 8. Finally got tired of that, and set up a troll with crawlers. I caught 2 in 1 pass between middle, and north bass. Nice fish 19,21”, but it was getting too rough to go back for another pass. More walleye marks than I’ve seen for a while. Water was pretty clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Riding the ferry home now. Lake is in great shape. 9 boats perching south of rattlesnake. Still about a 30 boat pack south of green!

Post Thanks / Like

On 9/15 the boats were lined up from Mouse Island over to Green. I couldn't even count them and fell in closer to Green Island. Perch bite was slow, so I eventually switched to a crawler harness with worms and got a lot more bites than I expected. Landed a few Walleye and what I thought was a white perch, but the people who cleaned them for me said it was a white bass? It was super tasty whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
    Well…it was what I expected. Very slow bite. Only 6 keepers all day. The only good thing was they were all 10-12”. Everything else was under 8. Finally got tired of that, and set up a troll with crawlers. I caught 2 in 1 pass between middle, and north bass. Nice fish 19,21”, but it was getting too rough to go back for another pass. More walleye marks than I’ve seen for a while. Water was pretty clear.