We used spreaders with no bling. Snelled #4 gold hooks. Mix of emerald and non-emerald(?) shiners. 1 oz weights.

Thursday evening, the waves held our small boat to 15 fow, about half way out to B can. We got 1 cat, 1 white perch, 1 tasty drum, 0 perch.

Friday morning, we started on the SE side of G can in 23 fow. 1 cat, 1 white perch, 1 tasty drum, 6 perch. About a dozen boats joined us there but most left quickly.

Headed north and marked some fish near F can. So we stopped there all by our lonesome. Bugs ran us out. No fish.

Around 10:30 or so we approached the swarm of 75 - 100 boats that were south of Green Is. We started a ways further to the south and west than the crowd. It was about 28 fow as I recall. I got a big double right away. 1 more cat, a couple tasty drum. I marked a ton of fish on the Helix that looked like walleye to me. Sure enough the 6-year-old landed a 14.5" walleye on his spreader. I figured the walleye were chasing the perch away. We only got 5 perch here. So we used the Minn Kota to "drift" into the crowd at 0.3 mph, which is slow enough that our lines stayed practically vertical. We saw some nearby boats catching but nothing there for us so we went to lunch.

At 3pm we stopped to the SE of Rattlesnake Is. in 31 fow and "drifted" our way toward the 25' zone. Before we lost any depth we got a couple more tasty drum and 7 perch in about 30 minutes. This was the best bite of the day by far. However, they soon stopped biting. Again we marked walleye all over, probably the 14" variety. We tried the east side of Rattlesnake and back to the SE again but never got another bite.

Called it a day around 5:30pm with 18 perch. Most were 8" but we had four 9's and one 10".

Full moon tonight...