Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024 Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024 Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024 Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024

Left the house at 4:30, and headed over to the Super 8, to pick up Joe and Tara, and on my way there, three Raccoons were crossing the road in a very dark area, so by the time I saw them, it was too late to make a maneuver and avoid them. There was a car coming from the other direction, so I couldn't go around them in the other lane. It was two adults and a little one. I was hoping that I didn't get any of them, but on my way home today, I saw that the tiny one was on the side of the road. That made me sad, and broke my heart.

When I got to the hotel, early as usual, I thought I would sit and browse Facebook for 15 minutes, while I waited for their pick up time to arrive, but they were already outside, and ready to go. They hopped in the truck, and we hit the gas station for some ice, and headed over to Mazurik's, afterwards.

It was a nice morning, with little to no wind out of the SE, partly cloudy skies, and an air temp of 70 degrees. I told them that we are early, so we would have to wait until it got light enough to be able to see any commercial nets, that get set up east of Kelly's.

Oh, and for those of you following my Humminbird drama....everything is working like normal again. I have a new unit at the dash, (which probably wasn't a necessary expense), and I purposely didn't upload any waypoints, because I just wanted to go out, find fish, and start fishing.

We did just that, and the funny thing was, when I turned the back Helix on, that still has the waypoints on it, we had set down about 100 yards east of where I have been fishing the last several times out. lol

I just went with the same program I had been using for the past month, and it did the job. Joe and Tara are MN anglers, who are used to fishing with a rod in hand, with Lindy Rigs, or jigging, so I did the set up with the Off Shore boards, and explained how dipsies work, and how to set them. Joe caught on to the dipsies pretty quick, and did a great job resetting them, without getting tangles.

Baby Spros (85s) were running behind the boards with 2oz Guppie weights at 50/80, and 50/27 on the starboard side, and 50/61, and 50/30 on the port side.
    There were three chrome perch baits, and one purple glass perch. All caught fish.

The dipsies were the usual with the shorter inside rods running on the zero setting, and the longer outside rods running on the two and three settings. The zero settings were 40 back on the port side, and 50 back on the starboard side.
    The two setting ran on the starboard side at 65 back. The three setting was on the port side, and started at 85 back, but also caught fish at 75 and 55 back...it was running a black/gold Ripplin Redfin.
    The two setting started with a Yeck spoon in the "Confusion" color, but was eventually switched out to another black/gold Ripplin Redfin.
    The zero setting on the port side was a Red Headed Wonder Bread Scorpion spoon, and the port side was another Yeck spoon with a blue belly and copper-goldish color with bits of red and black on it.
    All of those caught multiple fish.

Speed was 2.3-2.5mph on the FishHawk.

We didn't have any big fish today, but we managed our three person limit of good eaters. We went through a bunch of itty-bitties this morning, too.

Joe and Tara were very happy with their catch, and since Tara is the only one that eats fish in their family, she was especially happy.

I have a trip on Monday, but I'll be watching the weather for that one. Right now, it's not looking very good. Hopefully, that will change.

I have a lot of dates still available for July, and the perch bite is looking pretty good right now, so hopefully, I can get out after some of those this week. I'm dying to go perch'n!
    If anyone is looking to get out this month, shoot me a message, email, or text.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024-joe-tara-roiger_7_12_20241-jpeg Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024-joe-tara-roiger_7_12_20242-jpg Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024-joe-tara-roiger_7_12_20243-jpeg Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024-joe-tara-roiger_7_12_20244-jpeg Fishing with Joe and Tara...7/12/2024-joe-tara-roiger_7_12_20245-jpeg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 07-12-2024 at 12:57 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters