6/27 casting report 6/27 casting report 6/27 casting report 6/27 casting report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 6/27 casting report

Went out yesterday trying for some eyes. First fished northwest of turtle creek in 15 feet of water. Never had a hit. Moved due north to 21 feet of water east of numerous trap nets and got more of the same. Marked a ton of small fish but didn’t have any minnows so moved north to 27 feet of water. Slowly picked up 5 keepers and a short. I was probably there for 3 hours but the fish turned off for the last hour. I was fishing pretty slow. Started with a crawler harness with gold hammered blade and red and white beads and a 3/4 ounce sinker. Picked up 1 with that setup in an hour so changed to a harness with white and chartreuse beads and they liked that better.

Very few boats out. Water was 75 degrees and the wind was moving me at just over .3 mph. I wish it was a little stiffer but control what you can…

The fish I caught were pretty aggressive as two of them had both hooks of the harness totally inside their mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 6/27 casting report

6-28. Casting. . Went to deep water side of little pick. Wind pushing us towards B can. 3/4 weights. Gold beads & gold blades with some blue on the blade seem to be best. Buddy was casting chartreuse & gold beads with all gold blade did t do as well. All fish caught about 20 ft down. Caught about 25 to keep 12. Small fish aggressive today Several others casting in same area