Jigging update 4/30 and 5/1 Jigging update 4/30 and 5/1 Jigging update 4/30 and 5/1 Jigging update 4/30 and 5/1
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigging update 4/30 and 5/1

First off , sorry about not posting yesterday for the first trip.

Yesterday morning wife and I went out to do some jigging. We started just off the beach east of wild wings in 11 feet of water. Lots of marks. Turned out they were sheep head. We caught 5 in 10 minutes and I chose to move. Went north until we were about a quarter mile from K can. Marks were good enough to try. It was around 9:00 in the morning. Still a little cloudy. Wife caught one right away on a 3/4 ounce black jig and another shortly afterwards. I had started with a white with purple 5/8 ounce jig and was almost ready to switch. The sun showed up and everything changed. I picked up 3 in the next half hour and she switched to the same. We had our limit in another hour and a half. There were many boats in the area but didn’t see many nets. 13 1/2 feet of water. 57 degrees water temperature.

Today, same thing. We were still south of K can but a little closer. 5/8 ounce white with purple jigs. Boat limit in 2:45. Grade of fish was not as good as yesterday. Still lots of boats. We were heading in at 9:55 and the wind was picking up a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jigging update 4/30 and 5/1

Thanks for the report, sounds like a good couple of days for you two. It is nice to hear the jig bite is still happening. It has been a windy rainy time the Lake. I hope the wife and I can get out one more time before the jig bite slows way down