Thanks for that info, Juls. Very useful to know.

This is why all Lake Erie boaters need to keep a constant, watchful eye out when running, trolling, and even drift fishing. There is such a variety of things that can be out on the water. I've seen various state and federal fisheries net markers (like the "Spawn Mats"), sailboat race marks / buoys, university project buoys, boat sinking mark buoys (from the salvage boats), even little private buoys that I have no idea why they were there. I've seen large logs, coolers that were 90% submerged, a large piece of plywood, the list goes on. All seasons, day and night. The buoys may be there for a few hours to a day to several days to weeks. There is a VHF marine radio channel that which the Coast Guard puts out a "notice to Mariners" or some name like that. It may be channel 22A, but I'm not sure. If you really want to know whats going on, you can listen to this channel and get info on any new navigation hazards / temporary buoys, etc.. You can also get the info online at the Coast Gaurd link below. I am not sure if this info I'm providing is correct, or if there are other sources, but I do know it's available to help Lake Erie boaters keep up with navigation updates and hazards, as well as severe weather alerts.

District 9

If anyone can add info to this they know is 100% accurrate, please do.