Anybody help a weekender? Anybody help a weekender? Anybody help a weekender? Anybody help a weekender?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody help a weekender?

I’m up for the weekend and could use some help on location, depth and color. Can troll or jig. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas (and Juls)!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anybody help a weekender?

Well….nevermind. We found them and got a quick 2 man limit. I’m all for helping out and sharing…..so, here goes. Northwest tip of Kelley’s island. 30’ water. Pretty clean. 2.0 mph. Chrome anything. Unassisted 50’, 70’, 90’. Let’s all help each other out this season. There were quite a few boats out there by the time we left. Can’t believe we were the only ones who read this site every day. Plenty of fish to share info!!! Tight lines guys! (And Juls!)

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been up yet this year. We got 3 good days a few weeks ago but it went down hill fast. Don't think there has been much going on. Way to go finding them today. What was the water temperature. Thanks for reporting.

Post Thanks / Like

46ish degrees

Post Thanks / Like

I was out there today and didn't have much luck. I spent most of the day trolling. First over by Breast Bay because of the NW wind. Only caught one there. By 11 I left and headed for Turtle Creek. Waves were still 2 to 3 foot so it took some time to get out to West Sister. Water was some clearer but still very stained. After trying there for a while without any luck I decided to head to the reefs. The water did clear up but still no luck trolling. There were a bunch of boats in between Cone reef and Locust so I did some jigging and did manage to catch a few. Now that we have a better Satellite image it will help to know what areas to avoid. Probably be heading out there Monday again. Thanks for reporting Gobucks!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing, Gobucks. Wife and I were out in the same area, between the monument and Kelly's, pulling Bandits in 45' of water heading NE with the (small) waves. We fished 1:30-4:30 and put 6 hogs in livewell, none milking or visibly full of eggs. We lost two that managed to get unhooked on the way in. Best leads were 40-55 unassisted. Caught nothing deep. Water was much clearer than I expected - was able to see the prop pretty easily. RC Crush and Seasick Frog were by far the best producers. Nothing on chromes. I was running much slower, 1.1-1.6 so perhaps I should have been going faster. I know that generally you want to troll with the current, which hopefully is the same as the waves. Yesterday, it seemed the current was going in a direction different than the waves but I couldn't be certain and didn't find a pattern that triggered them to bite. If anyone wants to share how we should be thinking about the current vs. waves when trolling in a 20' boat I'm all ears.

Post Thanks / Like

Went back out to same area today and ran same program and had 2 man limit from 8am-10am. Funny thing… .yesterday there were maybe 5 of us out there…..after yesterdays post, today, there was 100 boats when we showed up. We slept in on purpose and found it a parking lot when we got out. Coincidence??? Dunno…but if you read the posts on this site and don’t give back to others with information, tips or tricks, you should be ashamed of yourself.

60 lb bag of 12 today. All 24-26”. After we hit our limit, we were reeling lines in to go home and got 2 more 26”ers. Kinda hard to watch them swim away after catching them!

Post Thanks / Like

Was out today, 16 for 4 guys approximately 9:00-1:00. 64 lbs at the cleaners. Bandits 60-80’ back unassisted. Between Green and Niagara (I know that isn’t very specific). Lots of boats there.27-30’.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for all the good information. Was planning a trip this coming weekend but been watching the weather and the wind/waves may not cooperate. Due to work I only have a day or two on the weekends to get on the lake, so I pay close attention to the weather. GoBucks thank you for starting the information and sharing. If I don't get out this weekend due to weather I plan to the following and will keep reading this site and will give feedback as well. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I too am considering a trip on Saturday... weather pending. If you want to collaborate should the weather work out give me a shout.