Going to give it another run Going to give it another run Going to give it another run Going to give it another run
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Going to give it another run

I put my 18ft deep v on lake Erie for the first time last year, and thanks to all the help from this forum, I had a great experience. Was planning on going some more last year, but I moved and took some time to sell old house so didn't get a whole lot of fishing done. This year I am planning on giving it another go. Last year I had two buddies with me that were pretty good fishermen. This year my first trip will be in early June, and I'm taking my daughter, my brother, and his son. They are nowhere close to the fisherman I had with me last year, so this could take a little more work on my part. Anyway, this year I was planning on staying in Port Clinton. Last year I launched out of Catawba. Is there a good boat launch close to Port Clinton that I could launch from? What would be my best choice? Again any help is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Going to give it another run

There are a couple by Port Clinton. You should have no issues.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a public boat ramp on the portage River about a mile west of port Clinton you can launch from.Not as busy as the Catawba public ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

I would ramp at Mazurik state launch. It's less than 10 miles from PC and has 4 nice ramps and good parking. It puts you right on the lake by the islands. The river launch in PC is a bit of a ride out to the lake but puts you west of the islands. That's better if you want to hit the gun range or reef area off Besse.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.
    Post Thanks / Like

All depends where the walleye are biting that day. Since you are trailering, best to launch close to the fish. Catawaba State Park would be the "central" most ramp, you can go either west, north, or east from there and be about equal distance from where the walleye typically are in June. If they are in the South Passage, them Mazurik would be best. Out off the main reef complex then head west to the ramps down around Davis Besse, or launch from the Portage River access in Port Clinton. There is another ramp on Catawba Island that takes you out West Harbor. Have your ramp list and location and pick the ramp closest to where you will be fishing.