Ice fishing Ice fishing Ice fishing Ice fishing
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ice fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice fishing

Hey was wondering if anyone has a good guide service for ice fishing walleye on lake erie. Have never done it on erie b4 and my son and I want to try it out. Wanting someone that knows what they are doin. Thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ice fishing

Following!! In the same proverbial boat. Always wanted to do it but needed a point in the right direction!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ice fishing

Gents,

We used to ice fish the area around the islands years ago. We went with a guy who had an airboat but he no longer guides. The ice out there is very dangerous and changes quickly. Wind and currents are nasty. In recent years and generally, it has not been safe to fish. I've been there several times where huge chunks of ice have broken away and the Coast Guard has pulled guys off. On one trip a man died when he went through on a snowmobile in a crack. If you go, you definitely need a proven and safe local guide. Try Marc Wolfe at Wolfe Pack Fishing in Port Clinton. He is very honest and experienced and also is part of Fisherman's Wharf. Otherwise, there are guys on the internet with airboats but I don't know any personally.

Good luck and be safe!