11/5 Heart Breaker report 11/5 Heart Breaker report 11/5 Heart Breaker report 11/5 Heart Breaker report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 11/5 Heart Breaker report

Our guest wanted to try for a Brawl big fish. Since he was alone we agreed to split any winnings equally to give him more chances than just his 6 fish. We always leave it to the guest, as take all or split.

We fished the same program as yesterday, see 11/4 report.

To make a long story short our 12th fish into the boat was by Capt. Christy and was a 28.75 inch real pig that weighed 9 pounds 14 ounces on the boat scale. I said quick pull the spread and lets get the fish to the scale while still alive in live well to help save a little weight. The guest wanted to keep fishing and was acting a little off. I explained though not a winner the fish could pay something in the Brawl and Slam. He finally sheepishly said he had not entered either but we could keep the winnings. We had to tell him that disqualified the fish.

One lucky big girl got put back to swim again and we called it a day.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 11/5 Heart Breaker report

BTW the big fish came on a Fruit Dot Bandit back 80 at 1.2 MPH.

Good luck everybody.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That is really odd your customer talked about trying for a money fish and wasn't even in the tournament.No wonder so many are disqualified when taking that polygraph test at the end of those tournaments.Good luck catching a money fish with a registered customer.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say a 9.14 won’t be top 50

Post Thanks / Like

A 9.85 lb fish might be good for the weekly cash prize though

Post Thanks / Like

That was my thoughts. Or the female side pot.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah Capt Cristi reeled it in.And bays edge is a weigh in station and another in Huron.Your post got me thinking about potential problems with bringing people fishing with you as guest or open seat.You might want to check their name on the Brawl and Slam roster to make sure they really are entered in those tournaments in case they aren't.

Post Thanks / Like

Week 3 winner 11.01 women’s leader 9.18 I get it as your not happy but I always look up names prior to someone getting on the boat like this weekend a guy from up north coming down I checked and he is signed up been doing it since we took second in the brawl one year I saw a video on Facebook just two days ago guys wife reeled in all 11 fish that is not legit over the limit only allowed 6 fish per person reeling in so that a winner would be dis qualified I get your frustration but all this comes into question with big money

Post Thanks / Like

That is an awesome accomplishment KPI to finish 2nd in the Brawl.And that's a good idea to check that your friends you bring fishing, are actually registered in the tournament.You also bring up an interesting topic about the rule that each person must reel in their own 6 fish.That topic has been discussed to death on these forums for a long time.I would think that would be a good idea to follow when fishing in these tournaments.Because if you catch a money fish and have to answer that question while hooked up to a lie detector,you can answer honestly that you followed all game laws.We all know that the crew has to reel in their own 6 fish rule is rarely followed.If you've ever been on a trolling charter you know how many fish the captain or first mate reel in.Most of the time on my buddies boat I will often start reeling in a fish to clear an inside board and hand rod to someone else to reel in.How do you count that fish? The rule should be changed to a boat limit but the ODNR wants to keep it that way so that leaves most of us..wink..wink bending that rule.