9/28 bigger perch 9/28 bigger perch 9/28 bigger perch 9/28 bigger perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 9/28 bigger perch

Fished east of middle bass looking for larger fish coming in. Line in the water by 6:30. Instant action with white bass, and little walleye. By 7:00 the perch started smalls at first. The bigger fish came by 8:00. Totally shut off by 10:00. During the perch bite only 1 sheep. Crappie rig with 1/2 frozen minnow. 1 person caught about 40 perch. After throwing back everything under 9” had 17 9-11” plus a few shorts that swallowed hooks. Bigger fish were more aggressive, and could actually run a second rod for a while with a few doubles.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 9/28 bigger perch

Billy boy have fresh emerald shiners been hard to get coming over next week for a week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 9/28 bigger perch

I stay on middle bass when I’m up there. If I get live minnows on the way up I don’t start to fish until the next morning. I can keep them going with a bubbler for a day maybe two. I know I can do better with live, but since I stay on the island it’s not a big deal. I don’t have access to the cleaners until I come back to the mainland, so I just clean my own. Besides I do full filets not butterflied. Herbs bait on rt53 has had live shiners pretty much every time I stop. Occasionally I get a couple scoops for the next day and a few cups of frozen for the rest of the weekend. I do freeze the live ones at the end of my first day fishing. I have run to the regular spots only to deal with all the other boats. I rarely limit due to my size restrictions. Totally different filets between an 8”er and a 10. Just my preference. Not against anyone taking the first 30, and heading for the cleaners. A couple weeks ago I caught a 12, and a 13 on spoons trolling walleye…so nice to clean.