Perch are still hot Perch are still hot Perch are still hot Perch are still hot
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch are still hot

Perch action is still good, out with my neighbors this sat morn, nice little perch chop, back out to wed spot, just north of line between lighthouse and intake, 22' water. Shinners were nowhere to be found, grabbed a bag of frozen and brought a bag from lasts weeks outing frozen in alcohol. Actually the " drunk" minnowes were best, stayed firm, where the plain frozen turned to mush quickly. Bite was slow but steady, lots of farm animals and dinks, but the last hour or so, the size improved as the wind stopped. 68 nice ones from the four of us, no records but nice group of perch to add to the freezer.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Perch are still hot

Can you tell me about how much alcohol did you use & what size bag did you use for how many minnows (about)? What kind of alcohol did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Nailbender we all do it a little different. I don't think it matters all that much.
    Here is what we do: we put the shiners in a bowl try to let the water drip off them in a net before we put them in bowl. Next we pour wintergreen rubbing alcohol over them, just enough to cover them. We let them set for 20 minutes, then scoop them out in net and let them drip again. Then we put them in a ziplock and freeze. We have good luck with them storing all season and they stay firm.

Not as good as live, but the next best thing.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thaxs

Post Thanks / Like

I pour of all the excess water off the left over minnows, pour in enough rubbing alcohol to barely cover them and put them in the fridge for a few hours or even overnite. Pour off excess alcohol and put them in small baggies and into the freezer. Take out how ever many vags I need next time out. I tried straight frizen and salted but the " drunk" minnows seem to stay firmer longer. Just started experimenting with this, this year, so ...so far the drunk minnows are best!! My last two trips out, live minnows were not availiable so frozen minnows put perch in my freezer!! Better than sittin on the couch......