Fish Cleaners and Prices Fish Cleaners and Prices Fish Cleaners and Prices Fish Cleaners and Prices
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish Cleaners and Prices

We will be fishing for perch out of Port Clinton next week and was where is the best place to get the fish cleaned and what is the going rate to clean them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fish Cleaners and Prices

Probably Port Clinton Fish Co next to fishermans wharf in downtown. Be advised that some of the cleaners have stopped taking fish in around 2 pm, for the day, because of the large numbers of fish being caught. We paid $32 last friday for 24 lbs of fish cleaned.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Baha299 View Post
    Probably Port Clinton Fish Co next to fishermans wharf in downtown. Be advised that some of the cleaners have stopped taking fish in around 2 pm, for the day, because of the large numbers of fish being caught. We paid $32 last friday for 24 lbs of fish cleaned.
    That is not a bad price at all...haven't had my fish cleaned in almost four years, I can assure you it was more expensive back then !!

Post Thanks / Like

Went to Bays edge sunday at 3pm to get our walleye cleaned.They were not accepting any more perch to clean that day.They also said Marblehead and Port Clinton were also not accepting any more perch either.They did take our walleye though.

Post Thanks / Like

Right after I walked in the door 2 weeks ago at Marblehead they put their sign on the door. I clean my own walleye but damn don't think I could clean 60 perch. I recommend if you need perch clean you better get there before noon.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are getting in late can you keep them on ice over night?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I told my friend on the boat yesterday, the favorite question he asks me is, "where do we want to get the fish cleaned?"

I've used Marblehead FC and also Fisherman's Wharf FC. Blake has used Bays Edge before too. Our 23# yesterday were $29 at Marblehead. I took mine in at 1230 and when I left they had the sign up "no more fish accepted today, only pick ups."

Yes you should be able to keep fish on ice overnight and drop off in morning. I've done that with walleye before. I think it makes the perch easier to clean.

Rickerd

Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody know if any of the cleaners would just run them through their scaler? For a fee, of course. That would make it easier if you had to clean them yourself. Unless, of course you skin them.

Post Thanks / Like

you could always put your perch on ice overnight and bring in next day when they open.Bays edge 11am and Port Clinton @ 9am.

Post Thanks / Like

We ran into this problem 2 weekends ago. We went 15 minutes west of PC to Nooks. They are where Cutchers used to be. Shattos is also 2 minutes further west. They took maybe an hour. Not as much perch fishing that way.