8/11 report 8/11 report 8/11 report 8/11 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 8/11 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8/11 report

Great day of perching. We had 2 sets of guests for morning and afternoon trips. This morning we caught 120 on a mix of emeralds, goldies, and some small Arkansas shiners from Highway Baits. Those little Arkansas were the best. They are no more than an inch in size but silver like an emerald. We used mostly fly rigs in green this morning south of Kelly's.

In the afternoon the wind started picking up and we moved west with our new guests to the lee of S Bass. We switched to crappie rigs and upped the weight from 1/2 to a full ounce. We dodged the rain and at times set it out waiting for the worst to pass. But our afternoon guests also got their limit of 90. We used the little Arkansas and emeralds cut in thirds or fourths. They defiantly preferred a small bait.

We are of tomorrow due to wind but hope to be back chasing Walleye Sunday with guests from southern Ohio.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 8/11 report

That's the first I've heard of Arkansas shiner's. Are they native to the lake. Glad to hear another report of perch being caught south of Kelly's. Can't wait to hear your walleye report. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or does it seem like they want a small bait this year? Small minnow or cut bait.

Post Thanks / Like

The two days I was on them they was taking pieces of shiners. Was using the same piece over and over. Tried to use two poles but couldn't do it. They took the bait the second it hit bottom. I even saw perch following my catch to the boat. Never seen that before.

Post Thanks / Like

That was our experience also.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

That is just what they called them at Highway. I don't know anything else, sorry.
    Mike