8/3 report 8/3 report 8/3 report 8/3 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 8/3 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8/3 report

We just got back today from a nice vacation down south (except it was way too hot). I didn't see much in the way of Walleye reports, mostly Perch on here. Nice to see the Perch are strong this year.

We decided to go out this afternoon for a few hours to try to find some eyes and put together a program for guests we have scheduled next week. We launched out of Huron. The river is muddy and there is allot of wood around the launch and out the channel. We headed NNE and tried several spots. There are allot of fish out there with the more consistent bite the farther North we went.

Other than getting hammered by white bass at several stops the Walleye bite was slow and steady. It was 1:00 - 5:00PM in the afternoon. All eyes came deep, 30 to 35 down over 45 to 50 ft of water. Best speed was 3 mph on the fish hawk. Spoons were most productive in every color but we had to avoid white and chrome because of the white bass - they were eating them up. Perch with a gold back was best.

Bigger fish came on Super Rogues. Best Rogue colors were Nascar and Gold with Red head.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 8/3 report

Hey Mike. Welcome home. Just for reference, I punished them out of Ashtabula 3 days earlier this week. Limits every day plus more for fun after limits. Many really big fish. My report is on the Central Basin site should you want to look at it. Idk how to post pics to this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it. Congratulation!
    You definitely have the big fish over there this time of year. We get them in the spring and Fall.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sir. PC sure is a beautiful area. If not next month, I'll be chomping at the bit to get back out there in the spring!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW did you catch any Steelhead in Ashtubula?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Hi again. Yes, we got one about 4-5 pounds and lost one.