Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023 Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023 Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023 Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023

My dog, Alfie, woke me up at 2:30 this morning, so I got up and made some coffee. I sipped my cup of morning-joe, sitting on the swing by the fire pit, watching my dogs chew on their morning treat, when I got it in my head that I wanted to go perch fishing today. It was going to be a nice day, and I didn't want to waste it, since I didn't have a charter today.

I sent Jen a text at 4AM, asking if she wanted to go, and she replied shortly after, saying that she did...and, that Matt wanted to go too. So, they brought their 3 Goldens over to play with my dogs while we were gone. We hit the gas station for some ice and snacks...then, hit Hi Way Bait for some Emerald Shiners. They are selling a nice size shiner right now.

We launched out of Catawba at 7, and headed north. A half hour later, after searching a few areas with the Helix, we hit the Spot-Lock on the trolling motor, over 30-31 feet of water. We wouldn't have to move again, because after a slow start, the bite picked up to a "steady bite". But, it was not an up and down bite.

We caught our 90 and headed in at 9:45. The puppies would be happy to see us home so early.

Matt made a delicious lunch of fried perch, shrimp/veggie skewers, and a salad. There's nothing better than fresh perch, that were caught only hours ago. Yummm!

I'm off tomorrow...morning golf...cleaning the boat...and getting ready for another walleye trip on Thursday.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023-jen-matt-7-18-20231-jpg Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023-jen-matt-7-18-20236-jpg Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023-jen-matt-7-18-20232-jpg Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023-jen-matt-7-18-20235-jpg Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023-jen-matt-7-18-20233-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fishing with My Friends, Jen and Matt...July 18, 2023

Would you be willing to show a few pictures of what you’re looking for as perch marks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cvanburen View Post
    Would you be willing to show a few pictures of what you’re looking for as perch marks
    I don't have any pics, but basically, I'm just looking for marks close to the bottom, that are smaller than what a walleye hook would look like. Never know what they are until we start catching.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Great day indeed. Tank you for sharing and for your consistent and valuable reports!