May 7th night report May 7th night report May 7th night report May 7th night report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default May 7th night report

Things are looking good. Made it to the lake. The boat started right up and off I went. Put 120 gallons of gas in the ventured out to one of my favorite spots. Started about 7pm and pulled lines at 815. I fished by myself, but did take a few cell pictures. I landed 4 nice fish, 23-25 in. I missed a couple as things got hectic as I was trolling and by myself. Its tough to drive, reel and net. I also missed a couple solid stikes. All on spoons and crankbaits. Things should be outstanding this weekend and next. The water was 56.7 degrees- 31 feet deep- black and rasberry, yellow/chartreuse spoons medium in size and purple glow reef runner caught all fish. Tried a harness with no luck

ps I was using copper line on the crankbait setup

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Were you north of the cloud maker or the islands? I will be out there on sat morning, on channel 79 hopefully before the blow that is supposed to come in.

Post Thanks / Like

Check your PM Jiggy

jamess2008 Guest

Hey spoontang. Went out yesterday out of cooleys canal. Went west towards bay first then over to turtle island all sheephead. Took off towards the reefs. Got there and the first 5 minutes caught a nice 4 pounder then they were gone we moved around picked up a catfish and 3-4 lb smallmouth. Fished a few spots on the way back towards the intake, then fished the intake for perch with no luck. Still what a day out there. Was awesome!!! Not many days I can put that many mile on the bass boat out there.Any pointers would be great for the next time I come. Thanks bud. Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I think deep water is where you want to be. On the reef at first light, deep water (31 ft) When the bite slows, then work back up as the sun sets. Reefs near deep water are prime. There are fish on the other reefs too, but the hogs are deeper and far less pressured. Bcan-Dcan should be productive. There were others near rattlesnake doing well too and thats deep water as well. Slow is the ticket. 1.2-1.6mph. Check your PM Jamess2008
    Last edited by spoontang; 05-09-2009 at 06:50 PM.