7/10 report 7/10 report 7/10 report 7/10 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 7/10 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 7/10 report

Sorry for the delay in reporting but you will see why. We had 2 supper fun couples from Southern Ohio and it was there first time Walleyeing.

We headed NE of Cedar Point to 40 ft of water to where we were catching before and ran the same program of Bandits to the Port and spoons to the Stbd and on the riggers. The Bandits back 100 to 120 started getting hit immediately and it wasn't long until we were running Bandits Port and Spros Stbd and both were steadily working.
    Spoons took a few keepers on the riggers but we had to swap Scorpions for Stingers to minimize shorts.

It was one of those magical days on Erie, weather was wonderful and the fish were biting. We were quickly filling the box trolling at 2.2 to 2.4 on the fish hawk. Then all excitement broke loose, every rod was popping. We had 3 on the floor, one in the net, and 2 more rods back.

Best colors were anything green.

Like they say, it is all fun and games until someone gets a hook in their hand. And it was deep. We had 24 nice eyes with 4 over 25, biggest was 27. not too many shorts, 3 sheep, and 1 white perch before going to the ER for hook removal. They said we were the 3rd that day.

We took today off and are watching the wind close and will decide on tomorrow in the morning. They want to fish again. They think it is always as easy as yesterday, lol.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 7/10 report

Great report! Love bandits. We use channel lock pliers and other fish holding devices helps prevent hooks in the hand

Post Thanks / Like

Great report....whose hand was hooked? Been there, done that...ouch! lol
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the continued great reports! 😎

Post Thanks / Like

No fish involved. Well not directly.

We had three fish on the floor, two lines going back, and I had just cleared another fish from the net.
    I was getting the Bandit out of the net webbing when a guest (excited) grabbed the net and swung it up trying to help. He felt terrible. I felt worse, lol.

It was my finger. Over the years working fishing boats, I have seen and dealt with many hooks when fishing off shore where we had to deal with them ourself. The problem with this one was it was in almost to the shank, so there was no room to push it through and too deep to pull back (at least in me, lol). I thought they would have to cut it out.

The Dr. at Magruder was great, and experienced. He said I was the 3rd hook that day. He did a nerve block on finger so no pain thankfully. He clamped the small part of hook still exposed after cutting near the shank. Then did a nifty twist and push that just exposed the tip of the hook. Then had small tool that he could grab the tip and worked it out far enough to grab and pull.

Had swelling and stiffness yesterday. But we had another booking so we fished. No infection. Ice cream therapy is helping. But I don't think I will be able to mow the yard until October.

The best part if there is such a thing: a nurse said "my that's deep, did it hit the bone"? I said, "I don't know, how could I tell"?
    This is the best part, she answers, "well did it hurt" - I guess I gave her THAT LOOK, because she said never mind that was a stupid question, lol. Maybe you had to be there. but I found it hilarious.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Love the ice cream therapy and restrictions on mowing!! 😂🤣

Post Thanks / Like

Restrictions on mowing.......made my day. Thanks for the smile.