Walleye Walleye Walleye Walleye
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Walleye

Went out on Fathers Day always a blessing to get out for a bit. Fished close to west sister to avoid some of the wind. Decided to chance it in the wind we caught 8 keeper walleyes all on pink and gold harnesses 24 in leader . Just drifting tritoon handled great again.Anyone else have problems with big boats coming within 50 feet of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Walleye

Been on the lake for over 50 yrs and big boats have always been an issue with us smaller boat people. Some are very courteuos while others are xxxxx xxx not very nice, think they own the water !! Especially if they see you catching something !! In my much younger days, I carried a paint ball gun, and on an extremely close call one day ( within less than 25' ) a large cryiser came by laughing and probably drunk. Laid out a row of splats on there hull, then called the police and with a description of the colors on there hull. Actually got a call back that the CG arrested them at Toledo Beach....

Post Thanks / Like

It’ is usually when I am out by west sister fishing it never fails. But thank god we blasted the horn a few times otherwise it would have been a real bad day for us. I just know I don’t fish the packs I am still new to the trolling game . I did bust out a gold nugget and caught a short on it nothing like a little old school .

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a drift caster. my boat has been hit once and another came within 2 ft. with their big boards. Same last yr. which I snag the board and cut if off. he was trolling with back to where he was going and never turn around to see his heading.

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of the trollers have auto pilot.So nobody is driving the boat.But somebody on board needs to pay attention to other boats ahead of them.The drifting boats have the right of way to a boat under power trolling.I personally will not troll through a pack of drifters.I would troll around the outside of pack.

Post Thanks / Like

What I have an issue with is, when we are trolling and start to get into some fish with some other trolleys and the drifters want to come in and sit right in the middle of our pattern. Hey, they need to find there oun fish. I've had that happen on more than a few occasions.
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok are you saying if they drive to where you were trolling and drift through that area you get agitated? I am trying to figure this out myself I try to avoid anyone with planers and and trolling just because I know they are working for their walleye I am just a weekend warrior

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone needs to be cognizant of what is going on around them. Drifters, don’t sit down in front of a boat that is trolling. If you want to fish their drift, pull in well behind them. (I am assuming they are trolling with the wind) You will drift over the same area. Trollers, keep someone posted to look out for boats that are drifting in front of you. No one owns the lake. Perhaps if we all try a little harder it will be a better experience for all.

Post Thanks / Like

I started the thread because of a 40 plus foot boat coming within 50 ft of me it’s happened a few times I think they are coming from the bay and not really caring who they pass and at what speed. But I also get a lot of people questioning me fishing out there in the tritoon it handles Lake Erie real well we ride on top of the waves while most people plow the waves

Post Thanks / Like

one thing that i do know is that there are rude stupid people everywhere on that lake, trollers that steer with a remote and never pay attention to anything or anyone takes 4 guys in the back of the boat to land one fish going in circles,trollers that go north and south while 20 other boats are trolling east and west,drifters pulling up in front of you and park after you been trolling there for 3 hours and thats just the fishermen sail boats cutting your lines off or about taking your front end off.i mean come on were trolling a 2 mph. Rich people taking there 70 footer out ,blasting through the middle of 200 boats trolling and drifting.its just plain stupidy, But i absolutly love that lake best walleye fishing anywhere,i will put up with all of it for a limit anyday.im a troller and try to treat other fishermen and boaters with respect and try to stay away from everyone.thank you to everyone that post there fishing reports and share information.