Night Fishing Night Fishing Night Fishing Night Fishing

Thread: Night Fishing

Default Night Fishing

Does anyone troll after dark out in front of Wild Wings or Crane Creek, in the hot jig spots? Or any other place in Western Erie. Looking to diversify.???

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin Jiggy View Post
    Does anyone troll after dark out in front of Wild Wings or Crane Creek, in the hot jig spots? Or any other place in Western Erie. Looking to diversify.???

Yes sir!!!! Some of my best fishing was in 2007 trolling to dark and an hour after. I used glow reef runners in purple and green and glow spoons, wonderbread glow with copper back was insane hot. That was good all through June in the Niagra, Ccan and Dcan area. After 10 pm or so, it gets a little tricky setting lines etc. due to the darkness. have good lights to see in the water for netting fish. I was too busy with work last year to spend as much time in June.
    Last edited by spoontang; 05-06-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Jfish Guest

Gettin Jiggy,

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been thinking about trolling the shorelines after dark with shallow runners. I'm talking shallow. Those fish have to be there in the middle of summer! I caught 7 fish in the middle of the afternoon in 6 FOW in front on wild wings 2 weeks ago. It makes me think that they go there more than just this time of year.

I read an article recently about how walleyes go into the shallows at night to feed because the baitfish can't see them as well. I was thinking that this may be the prime reason why they say that walleye are nocturnal. (spelling?)

joewallguy Guest

That you Paul?

It's on in my neck of the woods at night. Big Time. Will be for a few weeks.

Shoot me a P.M.

Joe

Walleye feed off of the surface. I have caught eyes using surface rapalas in 6 fow from the Lakeside pier in November at night in the 90s. They surface to eat maylies before they take flight at night after the hatch. I have landed several nice fish off Middle Point Pelee Island, in June and July in 7-9 fow. They will feed up to the surface at night. I do alot of night fishing for salmon so my boat is set up. Without proper lighting, you won't be able to see anything. Hat lights work great and you can duct tape a good flashlight to the net handle.

Jfish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spoontang View Post
    Walleye feed off of the surface. I have caught eyes using surface rapalas in 6 fow from the Lakeside pier in November at night in the 90s. They surface to eat maylies before they take flight at night after the hatch. I have landed several nice fish off Middle Point Pelee Island, in June and July in 7-9 fow. They will feed up to the surface at night. I do alot of night fishing for salmon so my boat is set up. Without proper lighting, you won't be able to see anything. Hat lights work great and you can duct tape a good flashlight to the net handle.
    I'm going to go to wal-mart and get a flashlight tonight! That is the best idea I've heard all day

Thanks for the info guys.