Perch Season? Perch Season? Perch Season? Perch Season?

Thread: Perch Season?

Default Perch Season?

Wife and I would like to schedule a couple of perch charters out of Port Clinton this year and was wondering when would be the best time to do it? We are both retired so and time will work. Any help is deeply appreciated.

Default Re: Perch Season?

The yellow perch season usually heats up in the western basin later in the year.But it can be hit or miss at times.Seams the perch catching starts some time in August and can be good Sept and October.Depends on water temp and the water fleas they eat and availability of emerald shiners.The perch fishing could get good for a couple weeks then slow down for a while.Keep an eye of fishing reports to find out when the bite heats up

Default Re: Perch Season?

I have caught perch year round on lake erie. Early season start in deeper water 30' or so. They typically move into more shallow water after the walleye move out to deeper water. Perch can be widespread until after summer heat, then they school tighter. This is all general unfo, mother nature is always in charge !! Late summer, early fall are typically best. I have saw great catches in early july all the way thru end of october, but have also had years that best catches are middle summer in high heat and the fall was slim pickins!!! Again mother nature decides....just watch for reports and be ready to go when they get active as no one knows how long it will last....