5/23/report 5/23/report 5/23/report 5/23/report

Thread: 5/23/report

Default 5/23/report

We went out late afternoon. American Eagle shole was covered up with boats, I would be interested in how well everyone was doing.

We made the long run out to the NW. We worked a spot were the water came up from 35 ft to 15ft. I was concerned about sheep but we did not catch any just eyes. Every time we went up shallow nothing, but when we pulled back off the shallows to the deep we got hit every time. Sometimes doubles. When we paralleled the shallows a few but nothing like coming off.

The best program was bandits 80 back unassisted. Speed did not matter, we worked from 1.5 to 2.2 and all speeds produced.
    Best colors were Taco Salad and Blue Chrome. It seemed rare to me, normally when one is on the other isn't. Taco took 6 and blue chrome took 5. The other colors we had out took maybe one each. We finished with 18 nice eaters 17 to 20 inches.

The guests were excited to see doubles and steady action. They had chartered a couple times before but had never caught more than 6. They were happy which makes me happy.

We will be on the dry until after the next blow and holiday craziness. We are booked solid all of next week, weather permitting.
    Mike

Default Re: 5/23/report

well done,awsome reports.thank you for all the information you share

Hey Mike,I have a bandit running around 17-18 ft down on a 80 lead.If you ran that over an 15ft reef, would think you would end up snagging the bottom or getting mighty close.Any issues getting snagged up?

Great report as usual.

We did not snag any Bandits. Did snag one spoon but it pulled free.
    Mike