5/21 report 5/21 report 5/21 report 5/21 report

Thread: 5/21 report

Default 5/21 report

It felt like I was chasing my tale or running in place and not getting anywhere for most of the day.
    I had a couple nice guests who had been following my pics on facebook and had high expectations.
    I went to a couple places that had been producing and hit nothing on the boards. After 4 hours we only had 3 in the box and all came on the riggers.

We finally found an active pod. It wasn't large but I was just relieved to find feeders. We kept circling through the pod and picked up their other 9 in an hour and a half.

We had surface temps from 60 to 55, but a consistent 57 on the fish hawk. Best speed was 1.8 to 2.0 again on the fish hawk.
    Best spoon was a Michigan Stinger in perch followed by the same in Nascar fished 5 feet off the bottom.

Best crankbait was a spro 120 in gold perch and a Bandit in blue with a chartreus bottom (a custom I do not know the name of). Other colors that caught one, Blue Chrome spro and red headed wonder bread Bandit. Fished 90 to 110 back.
    Mike

Default Re: 5/21 report

Thanks for the report. It sure has been a whacky May....Great job!
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

May is usually my easiest month, but I have had to work this year.
    April was easier this year.
    Mike

We had similar results this weekend. Saturday, we drove up from Cincy and we caught 4 in the first 20 minutes in 32' out of Vermillion. Then nothing even though we trolled over the same area until the 4' and 5' waves made us give up.

Sunday we tried Cranberry shallow and deeper, Huron dump, finally ended up where we were Saturday at Vermillion. We caught one nice 26", a couple 22s, and few shorter, but by then it was time to head home. We only get up to Erie every 3 weeks or so and we can't seem to figure it out this year. Hoping June is better.

I think these East winds that we have been getting has put the fish in a negative or neutral mood to bite this month of May.Hopefully we will get some stable weather,and all these walleye will turn on and bite for the casters and trollers.Unfortunatelly, the forcast calls for more east winds starting on Wednsday and lasting for several days.Hope that forcast is wrong.

I caught two today Northwest of Kelly's trolling with the wind to my back towards mouse got 2 good eaters one on blackhead fruit Dot bandit and one on chartreuse and orange bandit lots of good marks American eagle pass saw lots of boaters casting look like some of them were doing very well I'll be back out there tomorrow.

Fished west of west sister about 2 miles. Caught 3 casting weapons with purple blue blade. Bite died as soon as the wind did. Broke out the bandits and finished our 2 man limit, but it took awhile. Huff daddy back 120 worked best. Left dipsys in the truck or would have run spoons too.