Thanks for the advice regarding jigging... Thanks for the advice regarding jigging... Thanks for the advice regarding jigging... Thanks for the advice regarding jigging...

Default Thanks for the advice regarding jigging...

I finished a men's conference at Parkside Church in Charagin Falls, Ohio about noon on Wednesday and headed over to the Port Clinton area with my 16' boat. The weather could not have been any more perfect and I got on the water about 3pm. I launched out of Fenwick and went out front in 13-14' of water. I bounced 3/4 oz purple hair jigs and caught only drum. I decided to troll a bit and caught one 18" walleye in 17' of water just west of where Fenwick launch puts you into the lake. As I was coming in at dark, there were a couple of smaller boats casting and most likely dragging jigs and I saw the nets go down a couple of times. I tried for a while but was just out of energy. I stayed the night at White Caps and can tell you the room was great with all you need. The room was clean and the price was very competitive. I was on the water this morning at about 5:30 and went out to 13' of water as was suggested on this site. The first hour, I had 4 walleyes simply casting out and bouncing back a 3/4 oz purple hair jig/stinger. After about an hour with nothing, I got antsy and headed out to deeper water where all the other boats were over in the locust reef area. I managed to jig up a 17" fish and a few drum. I needed to head home at about 11 so I settled for 5 nice walleye and appreciate the advice I received from this site. If I would have had a little more energy and had remembered my head light, I think you could do well jigging right at dark and for a period of time after dark. I was just too tired and wanted to hit it early this morning. Again thanks and my family and friends will enjoy the fillets...

Default Re: Thanks for the advice regarding jigging...

It is always nice to take a few walleye home. I used to just jig in the same area and always done good this time of year. My wife and I took two of our grandchildren out last month thinking we would show them a good time but we only caught two fish. We stayed at Turtle point right on the channel our neighbor came over and told us to try trolling west of A can with blue chrome bandits. The next morning we loaded up and head straight out, I started setting lines and had one on before I could get all the lines out. The action got hot fast, at one point we had 0 lines out because they were hitting hard. That was a first for me and now I am hooked. We took 23 home and they were all in the 20 plus size, the biggest was 28". I am out of Indiana so we don't get out to much but I am headed back on the 30th.