Be safe out there - boat on the rocks Be safe out there - boat on the rocks Be safe out there - boat on the rocks Be safe out there - boat on the rocks
    Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Be safe out there - boat on the rocks

Happened to see this yesterday while checking some Lake webcams. Boat on the rocks at the Marblehead Lighthouse.

Let's make sure we check our boats out thoroughly and have all the required safety equipment before we start our season. And make sure we know what to do if a problem arises. It's a sad sight to see this, especially knowing that most likely it could have been avoided. It is still there this morning, but in worse shape. You have to feel sad for the owner.

Cropped photo so you can see the boat easier. It's at the left bottom of the Lighthouse.

Be safe out there - boat on the rocks-lesai-mhl-boat-shore-cropped-050623-jpg
    Last edited by West Basin; 05-07-2023 at 07:46 AM.

Default Re: Be safe out there - boat on the rocks

I got safety checked at Catawba boat ramp this year. I passed the inspection. The one thing they always check for is whether or not you have an anchor and probably for that exact reason. You need to be able to control your vessel and not allow it to crash. Makes me wonder if he had one.

I've got the Marblehead webcam up on my big screen TV. It's a pretty good source of entertainment this morning waiting and watching for the tow boat. Hope somebody don't get hurt trying to walk out onto the rocks to it.

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    I got safety checked at Catawba boat ramp this year. I passed the inspection. The one thing they always check for is whether or not you have an anchor and probably for that exact reason. You need to be able to control your vessel and not allow it to crash. Makes me wonder if he had one.
    Even if he did, was it put away, hard to get to? In an emergency you need acess right away !! Wind can blow you into shore quite quickly if your not far out !!

Quote Originally Posted by airshot View Post
    Even if he did, was it put away, hard to get to? In an emergency you need acess right away !! Wind can blow you into shore quite quickly if your not far out !!
    Looks like the motor in raised up. It could have been beached an broke loose from shore or dock.