Still jigging Still jigging Still jigging Still jigging
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Still jigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still jigging

I was out today with a buddy. We tried in close off turtle creek but the water was pretty dirty still. Moved to niagara reef where we were yesterday. Picked up 7 in 5 hours. Caught all fish on purple 3/4 ounce jigs. We tried casting spinners tipped with worms but no takers. Water was 49 degrees. Hopefully a few days of sunshine will warm up enough to start a better bite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Swartztastic View Post
    I was out today with a buddy. We tried in close off turtle creek but the water was pretty dirty still. Moved to niagara reef where we were yesterday. Picked up 7 in 5 hours. Caught all fish on purple 3/4 ounce jigs. We tried casting spinners tipped with worms but no takers. Water was 49 degrees. Hopefully a few days of sunshine will warm up enough to start a better bite
    Son and I went out of Turtle Creek and ended up in 13 Fow off the cottages . In fairly close. Caught 10, one short, 2 Fish Ohio sheep and a 26 inch catfish. Several white perch. Purple jig the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Still jigging

Thanks for the jigging report. I am planning to fish Wednesday afternoon and Thursday if the lake allows and usually launch out of Fenwick and head out to the reefs or stay on the edge of the packs of boats. I do not know where the cottages are but was wondering if they are east or west of Fenwick? Are they closer to Wild Wings or are they further west? Thanks for the advice...

Post Thanks / Like

There will be a pack of boats north of turtle creek that you can't miss. As caption said, they are in shallow water. Start looking in 12 feet of water and work your way out until you mark fish. The water should be cleared up by then. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Cottages I refer to are east of Turtle Creek . Look for 2 radio towers set back from shore. Thats kind of where we were. Purple best.