Are we still jigging? Are we still jigging? Are we still jigging? Are we still jigging?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are we still jigging?

Good evening... I have a men's conference in 10 days just southeast of Cleveland. I will probably take my boat along and on the way home stop in the Crane Creek area and fish for walleyes. Is jigging still productive? I have not seen much regarding jigging recently and was curious. Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are we still jigging?

Foot doc,
    my wife and I went yesterday and picked up 3. We started a mile out north of turtle creek but didn't get any. Moved to locust reef and picked up 1. Moved again to cone reef but the wind was dying and we weren't moving much. There was a pretty good group of boats just east of little pickerel reef trolling. We started back and stopped at toussaint and in 20 minutes I caught 2 and lost another. Needless l wish I had started there...

Water is 47 degrees and pretty clear. We fished with purple jigs and every one was caught on the stinger hook.

In 10 days, the lake temp should have warmed enough that the fish will start chasing spinners so you might want to be prepared.

I saw a recent post that said they are hitting various spinners now but we didn't try. In past experience, they aren't much for chasing spinners when the water is this cool. Good luck!