What to do with walleye leftovers are cleaning What to do with walleye leftovers are cleaning What to do with walleye leftovers are cleaning What to do with walleye leftovers are cleaning

Default What to do with walleye leftovers after cleaning

Wanna hear some ideas of what u guys do with leftover scraps after cleaning. We stay in campground in port Clinton and always struggle with this? Not allowed to put in dumpster at campground.
    Last edited by rjdog32; 04-24-2023 at 08:17 AM.

Default Re: What to do with walleye leftovers are cleaning

Can be a tough decision when your away!! Not sure what sources you have availiable at a camp ground, but when at home...I often put the bag of scraps in the freezer until trash day. Often bury them, as I have plenty of land to do that. Bury a few where I plant my tomatoes, great fertilizer!! Mabey ask the campground owner for suggestions...

Default Re: What to do with walleye leftovers after cleaning

I agree with airshot, when you are away from home and not allowed to use the dump, it creates an issue. I always dig a hole in my garden and bury the scraps, have read it makes excellent fertilizer for the plants.

Default Re: What to do with walleye leftovers are cleaning

I bag my scraps in a contractor heavy weight garbage bag and keep iced in a cooler until garbage day (if i have no room to freeze).

This won't help you BUT I put a heavy duty garbage disposal in the Tiger Den and it eats everything but the big heads and skin. It does not like skin, lol. This reduces the bulk of scraps. We also freeze these until we can dispose of properly.
    Hopefully the Mazurek station will be open soon.
    Mike

if we can't find a place to dispose of them we just put them in a bag and put them in our coolers. but now we fish out of Geneva Ohio on Erie and pay to have them cleaned. we only get fillets back. but it does cost a lot for getting them cleaned.

The fish cleaning stations usually have buckets or dumpsters for fish guts. On Kelley's Island, the campground's fish cleaning station has them as well. Otherwise, it can be a pain to get rid of them. IDK if you have any fish cleaning stations any where near by, but I know there's one at Huron.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)