Trolling 4/12- 4/13 Trolling 4/12- 4/13 Trolling 4/12- 4/13 Trolling 4/12- 4/13
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling 4/12- 4/13

Good Morning All,
    Bringing the boat up today and Staying on Port Clinton. Looking for good starting point to begin the hunt! I can trailer to anywhere on the lake. Don't want your honey hole (LOL) just a decent starting point. Thank you all in advance for any help.

Tight Lines,
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trolling 4/12- 4/13

Hi Tom,

There is no need to trailer far. The reef complex out from Port Clintin is full of fish right now.
    There is a nice public launch at Catawba, otherwise plenty of smaller private launches around.

If you are looking for big fish I would work around the Bass Islands in 30 plus water. There are still a lot of pre spawn females staged there. The key is to find stained water. Not muddy but not clear. Trust your electronics, they should clearly mark fish if they are there.

If you want to work the reefs for males, hopefully someone else can give you some places to start. We target bigger fish this time of year and the reefs will have drifters and jig fisherman looking for the large number of males, as a troller we try to give them their space.

Good luck and have fun.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply! Greatly appreciated...

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a veteran fisherman on lake Erie but I do jig the reefs every year at this time. I was on Niagara reef last Friday and jigged up my limit. I am going out Thursday and Friday to jig again and will start in the reef area. I plan on trolling later in the year after I go out with Juls and learn some of the tricks of the trade Good luck and tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Fishfinder,
    Spending time with Jules is a wise choice. She is one of the best out there and a good teacher also.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I agree and I am really looking forward to it. I have been reading her post for a few years now and I think she has a lot of knowledge and I am very thankful that she is so willing to pass some of it on to us old rookies lol.