4/10 report 4/10 report 4/10 report 4/10 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4/10 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4/10 report

We took yesterdays idea of letting the water warm to the extreme today. We did not leave the dock until 3:00 this afternoon. We ran out to where we were catching yesterday North West of Kellys. No luck, the water had cleared too much and we were not marking. We made one pass but did not touch a fish. We pulled the spread and went looking for stained water.

We found some good stained water further west just off North Bass in 37 ft of water at about 4:30. We had our limit by 7:00 and headed back to Mazurek's.

We had to pick up our speed today and were trolling at 1.7. S turns did not work today so we straight lined it.

Best bait today was once again Red Headed Bandit at 75 back naked. Second was an old favorite from the past, Kaki Brown that took 3 fish at 55 back naked. We only took 2 today on the Blue Chrome Super rogue at 17 down, but once again they were big fish.

Today was the first day we picked up some post spawners. The pre spawners were still 3 to 1 over post spawners.

It was a beautiful afternoon/evening on the lake and we had 12 really nice fish.

I will be off the water until next week so good luck to all and I hope to back next week.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 4/10 report

Hey Tiger. I only ended up with 10 on my trip but our spawning ratio was the same as yours. I didn't get the big ones so hope to be back in a couple weeks. It was a lesson learned for me on water clarity for sure...lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports! We'll be there next week. Hoping to get one day of the warmer temps before the cooler weather shows up.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Monday and Tuesday will be blow days.
    Wednesday is looking good wind wise but the fishing could be tough following the blow days. Everything can be sketchy this time of year.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ohio is like the Dakotas where if the wind is forecasted at 10-15 we are supposed to add them together to get the real wind speed. We'll probably be hugging a shoreline somewhere a few days. Good thing is it's not too bad of a drive over to SSP or the DR to help with certain wind directions. I think last year we ended up fishing out of 7 different ports during our week+ stay trying to minimize wind impact.

Good luck to everyone, and if you'd like to network please message. Hoping to post a few times during the week.

Bob