4/10 jigging 4/10 jigging 4/10 jigging 4/10 jigging

Thread: 4/10 jigging

Default 4/10 jigging

Wife and I went out this morning. Started a half mile north of turtle creek. Picked up a couple but too many boats. Moved to a quarter mile southwest of locust reef and finished two limits there. We fished about 3 hours. All fish were caught on purple hair jigs 3/4 ounce. Water is 45 degrees there and clean enough.

Default Re: 4/10 jigging

Nice job, My wife and I will be out there Friday and I planned on started there or Niagara reef

I was out there today. for first time jigging. Only caught one fish with same jig. Whats the trick?

I'm sure there are multiple techniques but I prefer to snap jig. Cast the jig out and as soon as it hits bottom, snap your rod tip up and almost immediately let the jig free fall back to the bottom. As soon as you think it's back on the bottom, snap it back up. Each time you snap it up, you should take up a little line. You likely won't feel the hit but if a fish hits, you will feel it when you snap your pole up. Best of luck.

We to were out this morning Started 8AM in close 12 FOW ,was slow moved out to 15 FOW in front of Turtle Creek found a pocket of fish , circled back on same very slow drift ( No wind ) 3 Times and had 3 person limit at 11AM same as above cast out and bounce back due to no wind , Purple Hair Jig 3/4 OZ no tipping with shiner