Late Friday Report Late Friday Report Late Friday Report Late Friday Report

Default Late Friday Report

Sorry for the late report everyone. Been busy between fishing and painting, etc.

Made it out Friday out of a MI port and we smoked' em. One of the best trips ever in terms of size and quantity in recent years. We ended up with 33 eyes, only 1 of them was under 5 lbs. Most were 6-8 lbs. Many had the baits inhaled. We were fishing in 22-26 fow, 8-9 feet down. Bandits (my customs) and P-10s mixed. Early the P-10s were better, later in the day it shifted to Bandits. Our best pattern by a wide margin was a new prototype that I have since put into the catalog. In fact, I went home and started immediately painting up another dozen of them because my two fishing partners each wanted 2, as well as 2 of my clients that followed us over there in their boat. They wanted 2.

If it was just this trip, it might be a fluke, but it was the best pattern we had last week, and then we went again yesterday on LSC and it was good again in totally different colored water. So, it has me convinced.

Here's a picture of it with a fish.

Late Friday Report-spot_fish_mar_2023-jpg

Here's a better picture of the bait itself. I was trying to figure out what to call it and my buddy suggested "G-Spot", as it has a green spot and he thought it was funny. So, that's what I went with. Only walleyes haven't had any issues finding it so far.

Late Friday Report-spot_side_mar_2023-jpg

Late Friday Report-march-24_2023-jpg
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Default Re: Late Friday Report

Wow, that is an awesome report Mike! I wish I would have gotten that new pattern when I purchased a few weeks ago. Right now I have too many lures and too little time to fish... so sad I would really like to get out this week, maybe Thursday will work.

Nice report Slim!!! When are those G-Spots gonna be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn M View Post
    Wow, that is an awesome report Mike! I wish I would have gotten that new pattern when I purchased a few weeks ago. Right now I have too many lures and too little time to fish... so sad I would really like to get out this week, maybe Thursday will work.
    Thanks for your order. I wish I would have had 3 or 4 more or them with me, as did my two fishing partners. They were joking with me saying "you better not set that rod down or it is going on my side" or if you are missing that bait when I leave you know where it is". It's kind of crazy. The only other bait in my catalog that took off that fast and had that kind of initial reaction by fish and fisherman is "Psycho Killer". I swear, the first time I used that bait it went back before it made it even 1/2 way to the side. For the rest of that trip it usually took longer to get it out the side than it did to go back. But of course, I only had 1 with me. That is still an awesome pattern, but it is best with lightly stained "chalky green" water vs heavily stained water, which we have had lately.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Quote Originally Posted by Pollockalope View Post
    Nice report Slim!!! When are those G-Spots gonna be available?
    Wait, are saying that you are having trouble finding the "G-Spot"?

They are available now. I already sold 10 of the first 15 that I painted up, but there are still some left. Plus, I just spent the last few hours working on another 20. They are still in process, but they should be ready by Monday at the latest.