3/21 report 3/21 report 3/21 report 3/21 report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3/21 report

Default 3/21 report

We were finally able to get the new Tiger out of it's den to find out if it is going to be a Fishing Tiger. We got stopped at Mazurek's ramp for a safety check and got dinged for no anchor.

There were several reports from boats coming in of eyes East of Kelleys. Not my first choice for this time of year but since this was mostly a shake out trip we decided to work there.

First fish was a 26 inch fatty. We ended up with 11 total but 5 were over 25 and the biggest 28 1/2. We let the 5 big mammas go to do their thing and kept the 6 smaller for the grease. By smaller I mean 18 inchers and above. We had no shorts.

We didn't find any fish schooled. It was just a grind covering water. We worked mostly 35 to 40 feet of water. 9 of our fish came on the downrigers oscillating between 25 to 30. All 9 came on blue chrome Rogues. We started with Blue Chrome on one rigger and gold red on the other, but quickly went to blue chrome on both. We didn't touch a fish on Bandits but 2 of our largest fish came on Spro Madeye 120s fished 100 back naked. They were on Blue and Chrome also. Note the Spro looks almost like the Rogue color.

Speed was around 1.5 give or take.

Final decision is the new Tiger is a Fishing Tiger, yea!!!!
    Mike

Default Re: 3/21 report

Thanks for the report...sounds like it was a fun day for you guys.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Always nice to get out for the first trip. Sounds like you had a good day with some nice fish. I'm always looking forward to your reports. Thanks captain

Thanks for the post Mike and it sounds like your new Tiger did just fine. I might come down with the flu later this morning and leave work to go see Dr. Mazurks.

Thanks for the post Mike.Good to hear your new boat is working as expected.Have a great season.

Great report, congrats and thank you! Are the docks in at both Mazurik's and Catawba now?

The floating docks are not in at Mazurek's and of last week they were not in at Catawba either.
    Mike

Thanks for the great report! Was just wondering if the water was fairly clear and sunny skies that the blue chrome worked so well?

Hi Lynn
    The water was stained and it was mostly sunny but not bright. Sometimes the walleye just decide they want something particular.

We always start with a mix of colors and let the fish tell us what they want. We keep a mix out just in case they change.

In general you are right chrome is usually best on bright days. I would have bet on chartreus or gold yesterday. Capt Christy was running taco salad on her side and I had Gold on mine. The only Blue Chrome we had out to start was on the stbd rigger. But we changed quick to more blue chrome when it started producing.
    Mike

Great report thanks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a bottom paint for a Sportcraft boat. Thanks for the help.