Lake Erie walleye migration 101 video Lake Erie walleye migration 101 video Lake Erie walleye migration 101 video Lake Erie walleye migration 101 video
    Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Lake Erie walleye migration 101 video

Here's a nice video presentation on Lake Erie walleye movement and migration. It was posted in May of last year, so it's recent and pretty timely. Has some actual visual map tracking of walleye over a year. It's 30 minutes long, so now, before the fishing starts, is a good time to sit back and take some time to learn what the biologists have found out about Lake Erie walleye as well as how they obtain that data. Good info to have at the start of the season so you know where to find the fish as the year progresses.

Walleye Movement 101: Using Acoustic Telemetry to Inform Fisheries Management in Lake Erie - YouTube

These studies are ongoing including this year. But it takes a year or more to interpret all the data and put it into a format that the general public can access.

Enjoy!

Default Re: Lake Erie walleye migration 101 video

Thank you West Basin for that video. Very well done.

Thanks Dave,watched that video yesterday while waiting for my Dr appointment.Enjoyed how those fish moved through our lake.Maybe that fish survived Niagara falls.

It's still the 2016 video....wish they would do another updated one, to see if the patterns have changed since then.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Blog Entries

I wonder what happened to Evil Knievel he went over Niagra Falls

I agree. We had a guy from the MI DNR present at the Lake St. Clair Walleye Association meeting in January and he showed that video (or a version of it) and discussed how they collected the data, etc. I told them we found it very interesting, but it needs an update and it could be even better. I would like to see the updated version be slowed down with a more defined timeline below it. Spread it out over 5-10 minutes, so I can track individual dots easily and see how far they move in a 2-week period, etc. In the current video, the dots are moving so fast and the timeline is not defined enough to know where you are along they way.

Poor Evil, he took one for the team ! Thanks for sharing the video. Very interesting walleye migration pattern video and no doubt a lot of time invested in producing this. Thank you Fisheries management. In 30 years of fishing Lake Erie, I have only caught two tagged fish (maybe I'm not as good as I thought). A couple of those red dots are mine ! LOL !

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

The "weak link" or bottleneck in the whole research program, as far as getting info out to the public goes, appears to be there aren't enough employees to keep up with all the data that is being collected. Covid didn't help. It takes a lot of time to enter all that data then create graphics (video) out of it. The biologists have enough to do just to get what they need and want to get done. They don't have much time to create things for the general public. That's one reason the date of the video is over 5 years old. There may even be more recent ones, but nobody has had the time to post them on any social media.