Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
I know that the MODIS site is the "go-to" for most people, however, I wanted to let everyone know that there is another one that is WAY better. Check out NASA Worldview. It leverages the same MODIS images, however, it puts a nice UI over the top of it. Here's what I like about it:

1) It allows you to easily move back and forth between days and zoom in or out.
2) You can go back as far as you want and compare two days side by side.
3) You can measure distances like you can in Navionics (this is great because I can see how far it will be to a mud-line and determine which ramp I should use, etc)
4) But the best feature, IMO, is that as you move your mouse around it shows you the GPS coordinates in the bottom right corner. This way, I can see a mud-line on the screen, point my mouse to it, snap a pic with my phone and then drive right to it (assuming that it hasn't moved much since the image was taken)

FYI, you have to be using a laptop or desktop with a mouse to get the GPS feature. This part will not show up on your phone. If I remember correctly, I may have had to change the settings so that it would show the coordinates in the same format that my Lowrance uses, but that was easy.

Check it out here: EOSDIS Worldview
wow just checked this out thanks for sharing