Lund Impact 1875 Lund Impact 1875 Lund Impact 1875 Lund Impact 1875

Default Lund Impact 1875

Is anyone running the Lund Impact 1875 with 150 on Lake Erie. If so, how does it handle adverse conditions? Do you feel safe under most conditions? I will look forward to any response and assistance.

Default Re: Lund Impact 1875

i run the sport model that has a full winshield. i never feel unsafe in it BUT i don't go out in the real rough stuff either. i also don't travel fast when it's rough enough to make the boat pound on the waves. if it takes me a little longer to get somewhere that's ok by me. keeps my body and the hull able to fish another day. i use a kicker to troll with not the 150. be safe, smart, and ready and you won't have any problems.

Thank you for the quick response.

Hey forgive me for butting in Rod. I don't have your model but I have had success and felt safe out there for the past few years in an 18 foot fiberglass boat. Anything under 3 footers is ok, preferably under 2 of course. I have fished rougher but was wasting my time. PFK is exactly right. Fish decent days and keep an eye on IWindsurf App for heavier wind predictions. That's the concern. If it gets rough, I just trim way up and slowly push my way back in. You have more than enough boat if you are careful in my opinion.

P.S. I also have a full windshield which is a huge help out there..

Thank you sir.

Been on Lake Erie for over 60 years, currently run a 16' aluminum side consol....am I comfortable ??? YES, because I pay attention and do my research !! Never go out if forecast is over two feet or any chance of being over two feet. Also watch wind direction and how strong, forcasts have been wrong many times. You have to know how to make your own forecast, based on wind strength and direction. In all my years, I have never saw three or four footers just come out of nowhere !!! Easy to look up wind forecasts before going out !! Any time I have been caught in sticky situations it has been my own poor judgement, waited to long to make my move to go in. As I get older, I am getting smarter !! Looking further ahead in my planning and am willing to try another day when things look better !!

All that makes sense to me. Pretty much how I roll too.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

I run a Lund 1875 Crossover with a 150 and 9.9 kicker. I feel 100% comfortable in anything less than 3 footers. As the wind picks up above that it’s not that I don’t feel safe but your ability to run around is limited due to taking a beating in the lighter aluminum boat. As the waves pick up you will have to learn to ride the waves. I still love my boat and when it get that bad I don’t want my family out there anyway.