Quote Originally Posted by peporter3 View Post
Hi Captain Sam. Great post, we have been following you for a couple years, you helped us find fish as we were going out of Mazurik one day. Thank you! On your post, how deep do you think the P-10's were diving at 20/20. The Precision trolling app wants you snapping at 50, so I think at 20/20 the app isn't calculating correctly unless I'm not reading it right. God Bless.
I also tried to figure out how deep a P10 would be running at 20/20 with a 2oz weight at 1. 3mph.I came up with a deeper depth and from a different formula than Jul. Not sure who is closer because there are a lot of variables to knowing the actual depth our lures are running.
An important variable when running weight at slow speeds, is that weight drops much deeper than most people think. My dive chart says a 2oz sinker at 1.0mph is 14ft deep and at 1.5mph is 9ft deep. So split that at 1.3mph and we get like 11ft deep. And a p10 dive chart says at 1.5mph, dives 5ft with 20 ft lead. So, add 5ft and 11ft and my guess is around 16 ft deep.
Best way still, is to cover the water column and find out where the active bite is occurring.