Update Update Update Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update

Default Update

I want to first apologize to all for not being very engaged in my fishing community this winter. We have had a long tough winter that started in November. My wonderful supportive wife was diagnosed with cancer and we have been in and out of the hospital and to many appointments to get things straightened out so I have been busy showing her the support she shows me. She had surgery on Monday to get rid of this terrible illness and I am happy to say it went well and it appears that she is clear now and on the road to recovery. It was a tough few months for me I even had a bout with shingles over christmas triggered by stress I would assume. If you haven’t had shingles you don’t want them…. I really needed some good news and my taxidermist called and said my mount from last season was ready to pick up. Here is a pic of the recent buck with a few others I have harvested over the years. All in the big woods no bait just scouting and hunting where I thought big bucks would be. This is my kind of hunting. I am really looking forward to the fishing season I have a big load of trips booked and can’t wait to get back on the lake I’m hoping to get out early March but for sure by March 10th. I want to give a big shout out to my Corrigan Oil winter work family for working with me and allowing me to do what I needed over the winter without even a question. It makes life a lot easier when people have compassion and they showed that they do. Maybe some day I can get back to chasing those LEWT wall plaques too. Tight lines to all and see you on the water soon.
    ps. I built that fireplace myself….
    Update-802c5d95-42ba-4e0f-9a3c-2f8fd09cf02d-jpg
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH

Default Re: Update

Beautiful room. I’m glad you and your wife are doing better. I hope you have another great year!

Best wishes Capt.!

so glad they got to her illness quickly capt sam. we'll keep her in all of our prayers and wish the best for her during recovery. awesome work and mounts behind you, keep up the great work and hoping you have many tight lines very soon!

Thanks for sharing an update Sam! Thoughts and prayers are certainly with you and your wife for a full recovery. When it is all said and done you will never regret spending time with your loved ones. While we all love hunting and fishing, it will all soon be forgotten after we are gone. Thanks for being a great example of what is really important and looking forward to some great reports from you again this year! Blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn M View Post
    Thanks for sharing an update Sam! Thoughts and prayers are certainly with you and your wife for a full recovery. When it is all said and done you will never regret spending time with your loved ones. While we all love hunting and fishing, it will all soon be forgotten after we are gone. Thanks for being a great example of what is really important and looking forward to some great reports from you again this year! Blessings!
    We are all praying for your wife and rooting for you both. Tough times are always better when you have a community that supports you, and you do!

Good luck to your wife and here recovery!

Hope her recovery goes well Sam,and we all will think about you and pray for you and your wife.

THat is a very nice room and fireplace. The mounts are fabulous.
    BEst of luck to you and your wife.

Bruce

Capt Sam, glad to hear your wife is on the road to recovery.It certainly is a difficult road to go through,to recover from some types of cancer.We all here, are wishing the best for the both of you.You most likely did not hunt much,or at all this past season,caring for your wife.I know the joy of finally getting my deer mount finished after a long waiting period.Some taxidermist take over a year to finish them and I've heard that supplies have become an issue too.
    Thanks for posting all the reports on your fishing.I read them all and have helped me many times on catching more fish.Hope you have another successful season with many fishable weather days this spring.Best of luck to you and your family.

PS like your trophy room and the fireplace you built.Are those LEWT trophy plaques on the mantle of your fireplace?

A scare like that puts our fishing and hunting in perspective for sure.
    I'm glad you and your wife are doing well now.

That is a beautiful room for sure.
    Mike