Winter walleyes out of huron Winter walleyes out of huron Winter walleyes out of huron Winter walleyes out of huron
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winter walleyes out of huron

I joined JohnN and his brother on their boat out of Huron this first day of winter. The five boats that went out before we got there this morning salted the ramp and dock, so we lightly salted also.
    As soon as we saw some good marks on the Hook screen, we selected the rods, and quickly put out the ones that already had green flicker minnows attached, then added a couple of other lures, including a Bandit Taco Salad. Those lures mentioned were the most productive,as we marked our waypoints, then trolled back on tracks close to the previous course(s). We finished after noon, with 3 man limit of a nice, well-fed walleyes.
    Attached Images Attached Images Winter walleyes out of huron-20221221_135443-jpg 

Default Re: Winter walleyes out of huron

Nice job! Those fish will make for some great fish fries this winter...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thanks for the post, I showed my wife pictures of our catch, and she still said I was crazy. It was 24 degrees when we left, and yes it was cold, once we got into the fish, we kept busy and it didn’t feel that cold. This could have been our last trip for the year, so I’m glad we found them. I’m glad I have retired friends who can go fishing with very little notice, otherwise, I wouldn’t be out there. Merry Christmas everyone !

Love to see new posts. Thank you and congrats!

Did you have to bust through ice at the ramp? The pier webcam looks like the river is frozen, even this morning. For sure you guys earned those fish!

Just a thin skim of ice on the right side of the dock, didn't affect our launch. We saw a couple of small thin sheets floating with the river current on our way back in, but the solid/thicker ice was further upstream from the launch ramp.

I was out northeast of Cedar Point second week of December and it was lights out fishing. 35 to 40 FOW, bandits and DDHJ12's but the orange and pink husky jerk did most of the work. Had one 8 pounder just over 28". It was a very foggy and overcast day but the walleye must have liked it. I wish I could post a picture of the catch but not sure how to do that yet. Happy New Year everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn M View Post
    I wish I could post a picture of the catch but not sure how to do that yet. Happy New Year everyone!
    It's simple...when you're making a post, click on "Advanced Mode" at the bottom of the reply box.

Then, scroll down further, and click on "Manage Attachments"...another box will pop up, and it's pretty self explanatory....

1. Click on "Add Files" at the top right...
    2. Choose the photo from your computer...
    3. Click "Upload"....
    Repeat if adding more than one photo...
    4. Click "Done" at the bottom right of that window when you've added all the photos you want (they only allow up to 5 at a time)...

When you click "submit reply" on your post..the pics will be added.

Hope that helps...
    Attached Images Attached Images Winter walleyes out of huron-screen-shot-2022-12-31-3-52-54-am-png 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Does anyone know if the ice is melted enough to get your boat in at Huron? Thinking of trying it on Monday

Thank you so much Juls! You are so helpful to everyone on this forum, even to the newbies like me. I have been reading your posts for the last couple years and just love them! You have taught me a lot when it comes to walleye fishing! Here is a pic of what I brought home on December 7.
    Attached Images Attached Images Winter walleyes out of huron-walleye-pic-12-7-22-jpg