Winter walleyes out of huron Winter walleyes out of huron Winter walleyes out of huron Winter walleyes out of huron
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Winter walleyes out of huron

Thanks Juls on how to post a picture here.Have not been able to figure out yet.Read on OGG....got a Huron tread going,that ramp not open today.But very close.The guy checking thinks it will be open tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn M View Post
    Thank you so much Juls! You are so helpful to everyone on this forum, even to the newbies like me. I have been reading your posts for the last couple years and just love them! You have taught me a lot when it comes to walleye fishing! Here is a pic of what I brought home on December 7.
    You're welcome...that's what this site is for, right? Glad I could be of help. Nice catch, too! Well done!
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thank you Captain Jules. I have been on this site for how many years, but have never been able to post pictures. Thank you!
    Bruce

[
    my daughter a year ago tomorrow, hope can replicate it again soon
    Attached Images Attached Images Winter walleyes out of huron-tam-home-jpg 
    Last edited by limitlypps; 01-02-2023 at 02:17 PM.

Went out of Huron on Wednesday the 18th. Got to the dock about 7:15 and I was the only one there. That sort of freaked me out but the ramp looked fine and there was no ice so I went ahead and launched. Was a bit breezy in the morning 1 to 2 footers. Had a tip that some guys were getting some over close to Vermillion so I headed that direction. Was looking for decently clear water but couldn't find as clear as I liked. Lots of fish on the Garmin from 34 to 45 FOW. Set up and began fishing where I was getting the best marks in 43 FOW and they started biting around 9:45 and then shut off about 20 minutes later. Managed to get 3 or 4 during that time. Couldn't buy a bite then for a couple hours so I decided to head back west closer to Cedar Point. The water clarity was a bit better over there and the bite was better too, winds died down and made for very pleasant fishing. Set up about 1:45 in 40 FOW and they started biting almost right away. Caught another 8 to 10 in about an hour and a half. P10's were definitely the lure of choice. Best set was 50 feet the 2 oz. and another 15 to 20 feet. Speed was .9 to 1.2. Best fish was a female fatty, 27.5" and 7.75 lbs. Decided to post on this thread since I went out of Huron. All around was a great day and I was able to have a fish fry for the guys at work which is always a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn M View Post
    Went out of Huron on Wednesday the 18th. Got to the dock about 7:15 and I was the only one there. That sort of freaked me out but the ramp looked fine and there was no ice so I went ahead and launched. Was a bit breezy in the morning 1 to 2 footers. Had a tip that some guys were getting some over close to Vermillion so I headed that direction. Was looking for decently clear water but couldn't find as clear as I liked. Lots of fish on the Garmin from 34 to 45 FOW. Set up and began fishing where I was getting the best marks in 43 FOW and they started biting around 9:45 and then shut off about 20 minutes later. Managed to get 3 or 4 during that time. Couldn't buy a bite then for a couple hours so I decided to head back west closer to Cedar Point. The water clarity was a bit better over there and the bite was better too, winds died down and made for very pleasant fishing. Set up about 1:45 in 40 FOW and they started biting almost right away. Caught another 8 to 10 in about an hour and a half. P10's were definitely the lure of choice. Best set was 50 feet the 2 oz. and another 15 to 20 feet. Speed was .9 to 1.2. Best fish was a female fatty, 27.5" and 7.75 lbs. Decided to post on this thread since I went out of Huron. All around was a great day and I was able to have a fish fry for the guys at work which is always a hit.
    Great job! Thanks for the report...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Those look like some monster perch!! Awesome!!

Nice work and great report. Thanks for posting it.