jig tying jig tying jig tying jig tying

Thread: jig tying

Default jig tying

waiting on spring no boats in water we had to pull a little early due to water level and sand bar might be a problem in spring we will see just when perching was getting good out in front of wards 18 ft of water got 50 fish one day 3 guys then 39 pounds next day 4 guys plain spreaders and perch rigs buddy makes rigs with the flies on them he gave me a few baited it up with shiners from bite me 2 my old shop soon as i put it down double next day 22 pounds 3-guys same spot took a day off went out again and hit bottom with a strong swest wind we turned around went back to dock season over water came up a day we got to ramp to pull boat at the mouth of wards the sandbar is bad other boats got stuck getting to bad there and seems like were last one dredged might have to move marina after 45 years. ben tying jigs year round. happy thanksgivingjig tying-img_0514-jpgjig tying-img_0513-jpgjig tying-img_0515-jpgjig tying-img_0517-jpg a few pics 419 708 0131 ask for scott
    Last edited by rscotfish; 11-24-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Default Re: jig tying

Quote Originally Posted by rscotfish View Post
    waiting on spring no boats in water we had to pull a little early due to water level and sand bar might be a problem in spring we will see just when perching was getting good out in front of wards 18 ft of water got 50 fish one day 3 guys then 39 pounds next day 4 guys plain spreaders and perch rigs buddy makes rigs with the flies on them he gave me a few baited it up with shiners from bite me 2 my old shop soon as i put it down double next day 22 pounds 3-guys same spot took a day off went out again and hit bottom with a strong swest wind we turned around went back to dock season over water came up a day we got to ramp to pull boat at the mouth of wards the sandbar is bad other boats got stuck getting to bad there and seems like were last one dredged might have to move marina after 45 years. ben tying jigs year round. happy thanksgivingjig tying-img_0514-jpgjig tying-img_0513-jpgjig tying-img_0515-jpgjig tying-img_0517-jpg a few pics 419 708 0131 ask for scott

You do make the BEST JIGS .

Water is down... we also had a decent Perch Year !

thanks captain tacky. supplies are really going up but price is still 2 dollars. used to buy a 10 ft by 10 ft piece of craft fur and cut my own now the company does not sell in bulk no more and i have to buy in the small piece of 5 by 5 inches luckily i bought a buddy out and he had all colors in the bulk all I had to buy was purple i go through 3 times more purple then any other colors and i got lead jigs already poured 6000 treble hooks so i should be good this year but i had to buy 300 packs of purple and lots of paint was buying sail boat keels that weighed up to 4000 pounds and had to melt them down that's a pain to do. i got lucky and found a guy that had 3000 1 pound ingots so i got them all same price per pound so I'm all set for this year have 4000 already made up. they will make great xmas presents for the fishermen in everybody's family thanks again

well my supplier has run out of purple hair for the jigs they say its backordered same thing happened last year and i ran out and they didn't get it in till April so if you want anything to do with purple purple and chartreuse better order now first come first served hopefully i can get the backordered order fulfilled i still have some left enough to make around 50-60 dozen that's it one company ordered 150 dozen jigs all purple and purple and chartreuse. and no other colors couple bait shops have big orders and that's what they want. so what other colors do you use. I've always liked purple my self. some guys want heavy some guys want to go light. think ill try purple head with black and purple hair try to spread it out wont be long till the jig season starts

well I found some material called fly fur it actually works as good or better more expensive but I get more jigs out of a package and its longer its 4 inches long comes in limited colors but got purple and chartreuse so don't think ill run out unless they sell out 65 degrees Wednesday getting time to pull cover off might even be an early season for jigging and river fishing lets hope

when is the jig tying-3551c48d-0e56-4e82-9739-ff0905a792c6-jpgjig tying-b8d1eceb-c87d-4d3f-87ef-fde9c65901d8-jpgtime to put boats in 4th weekend in march weather permitting fish on
    Last edited by rscotfish; 03-12-2023 at 12:50 PM.