Walleye shore status - Erie County Walleye shore status - Erie County Walleye shore status - Erie County Walleye shore status - Erie County
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Walleye shore status - Erie County

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Question when fishing the piers at night using big stick baits how slow should you retrieve, I'm seeing trolling speeds of 1.3 mph how does that relate to reeling in your line?
    I always try mixing it up. Sometimes just a slow retrieve. Sometimes slow with pause, sometimes slow with pop, pop. Sometimes pop,pop,pop, reel in slack, pop, pop, pop, repeat. About trolling speed I have no clue. I'm guessing 1.3 mph is fast from shore.

sometimes if there is bait farther out from shore there is no need to come close to the bank. sometimes to much is bad.

Blog Entries

My buddy who fishes alot from shore said 6 second per revolution was where he starts so going to try that HD recently caught a 9 + lbs walleye using a bandit from shore using that method

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    My buddy who fishes alot from shore said 6 second per revolution was where he starts so going to try that HD recently caught a 9 + lbs walleye using a bandit from shore using that method
    6 seconds per revolution? That would be painfully slow. I would mix it up and try a variety of speeds. I have found that medium speed and steady is best at night so they can track it and grab it. Medium speed to me would be about 1 turn per second or so. However, I would mix it up until you get results.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)