Walleye shore status - Erie County Walleye shore status - Erie County Walleye shore status - Erie County Walleye shore status - Erie County
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Walleye shore status - Erie County

I'm planning on making a trip up next week for some night shore walleye fishing. I went last week and caught nothing. Then it was to warm. Lots of bait fish. I can't seem to find anyone posting anything about the fishing. Can anyone give me a status report? Much appreciated

Default Re: Walleye shore status - Erie County

I can't give you a report but I am eager to hear one. I thought this forum would just go on silent mode until next spring.

I've found that the various Facebook groups for walleye fishing are still giving good information on where fish are being caught and what is working.
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

"I get my walleye gear online at PHDtackle.com."

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    I can't give you a report but I am eager to hear one. I thought this forum would just go on silent mode until next spring.
    I'm guessing that it is starting to happen right now. I imagine that the bite is getting better every night.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR1 View Post
    I've found that the various Facebook groups for walleye fishing are still giving good information on where fish are being caught and what is working.
    I follow about 6 site's. Most sites are just taking about from the boat. Not all, but more from the boats. I have been getting some news from baitshop post too.

as we all know here now 1 hr later gone. 1997 last yr. for 10 fish limit at huron slant wall. 9 fish in 2 hours, stringer after stringer coming off the dock, 50 people around me. next night saw 1 fish caught. so reports are a grain of salt to me.

Blog Entries

yes, it is hit and miss, noticed several of the big fish on the walleye slam leader board were either shore or kayak so there are big fish moving into the shallows at night, I tried Jackson pier a few weeks ago millions of shiners everywhere. Going to try again sometime this week I will post how we doWalleye shore status - Erie County-20221028_230929-jpg Jackson pier

Blog Entries

Question when fishing the piers at night using big stick baits how slow should you retrieve, I'm seeing trolling speeds of 1.3 mph how does that relate to reeling in your line?

Quote Originally Posted by stampman View Post
    as we all know here now 1 hr later gone. 1997 last yr. for 10 fish limit at huron slant wall. 9 fish in 2 hours, stringer after stringer coming off the dock, 50 people around me. next night saw 1 fish caught. so reports are a grain of salt to me.
    I've been trying at Indian lake for saugeye a couple of nights this week moundwood. Plan on going tomorrow too. It's been hit and miss. I've seen post of people claiming of catching 70 fish. All released. I go the next day and only two people caught two fish. It's been hit and miss here to. I hope they are in Monday night in Erie County.

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    yes, it is hit and miss, noticed several of the big fish on the walleye slam leader board were either shore or kayak so there are big fish moving into the shallows at night, I tried Jackson pier a few weeks ago millions of shiners everywhere. Going to try again sometime this week I will post how we doWalleye shore status - Erie County-20221028_230929-jpg Jackson pier
    I always either fish Damon's or the police station. Never Jackson st.