Fall Walleye Wannabe Fall Walleye Wannabe Fall Walleye Wannabe Fall Walleye Wannabe

Default Fall Walleye Wannabe

Having retired recently, I’m interested in learning about fall walleye fishing. I’ve read posts that talk about November walleye. I have recently seen what I’m guessing are suspended walleye on my Garmin while looking for perch south of Kelly’s. For the next month are both trolling and casting productive? You all have helped me with May-Aug walleye and I’m not going to store the boat yet in hopes of getting out in the coming weeks for more perch fishing and trying walleye. Appreciate any pointers.

Default Re: Fall Walleye Wannabe

You can catch them casting worm harnesses on the reefs.Gull and Kellies island early then all of them late in year.As for trolling the cranks such as bandits are catching now.Cover the water column and find what depth is catching and put more lures at that depth.

Thank you for the reply. I hope to get on the water again this weekend and may give the bandits a swim.

first, see where you're marking fish. then try to figure out the depth your lures run. if you are using dipsy divers then start with the chart and use shallow divers and set the divers where they are just above where you're marking fish. if you use clip on weights then use deep divers and see if you can find a chart for the weights you're using. ad the depth of the crank to the depth added with the weights. but you want to try to get just above the fish. if you're not catching fish but marking them try going deeper on one side while raising the baits on the other side. if you start catching fish on one side change the other side to that depth.

If trolling bandits try headed off Huron.If using 4 inline boards try leads of 60,80,100 and 120 with longest leads on outside boards.If that doesn't catch add a 2oz weight on one side to get deeper.You get 4ft of extra depth for every once of weight you add.I heard a guy catching well with a reef runner crank this week.Try a reef runner to see if it catches better than a bandit.