Huron 10/23 report (spoiler, not great) Huron 10/23 report (spoiler, not great) Huron 10/23 report (spoiler, not great) Huron 10/23 report (spoiler, not great)

Default Huron 10/23 report (spoiler, not great)

Finally got a chance to get back on the lake. Started heading out Huron river at day break with the fishing boat parade. Headed to the Huron dumping ground and found decent marks. Lots of other boats trolling the area too. Set up two boards with various bandits heading North. Tried various depths of the baits. Speed from 2.2 to 1.7. Put on a few dipsy divers with shallow crank baits and spoons. Only caught a few tiny walleye and a nice white bass. Changed a directions a few times too. Radio chatter sound like most struggled with a few getting a few takers.

I got shiners in the morning so I decided to head back to the Huron Lighthouse area with the other boats for yellow perch. Set up in 29 FOW. Got a 12" perch with 15 or so minutes. I thought SCORE! Then a 10" perch about another 15 minutes later. Then nothing, no bites, no fish. Moved around a little. Tried heading closer to the lighthouse in about 23 FOW. No bites. It was getting windy about 3 or 4 PM and I was bored of no bites, so I decided to head in and drive home (50 minutes) with my two yellow perch.

At the marina heard a group did well about 12 miles North of Vermilion.

Every trip cannot be a winner I suppose. I really need to get better at making big moves when I don't get fish within a certain time frame.

Default Re: Huron 10/23 report (spoiler, not great)

We were out there as well. We arrived at daybreak and I have never seen such a line at the make ready lanes, but everyone was patient and very efficient, so it all went pretty quickly. We ran straight north following Pork Chop out of the river and shut down a bit before he did in about 34 foot of water. Six boards out with Bandits one one side and Huskys on the other, spread out in the water column from 15-30' deep. Then added two dipsys with spoons. The spoons didn't catch a thing, but the cranks did well. 14 fish from 22-26" with one 14.5" throwback. So nice to get the bigger fish again to really pull the boards back. We fished up to about 42 fow and then just turned around as the wind had died. Slow pick but at least it was steady. All lures were bright with some kind of yellow, all depths caught fish as well. It just didn't seem to matter other than they didn't want spoons which is fine by me. No junk fish that way.

Anybody know when they pull the floating docks at the ramp there at Huron? Trying to decide on when to plan to put her away till spring.

Good luck all.