Cormorants / wind forecast Cormorants / wind forecast Cormorants / wind forecast Cormorants / wind forecast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cormorants / wind forecast

Someone will certainly correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that they are federally protected. Never understood why.

Cormorants are under federal protection. Be careful.

I hope your buddy had some success at Magee this morning although I don 't think it was possible. i was there looking around about ten days ago and it was dry with no ducks . I don't understand what the managers are doing over there. You have to have water to have ducks. A Magee marsh hunt just isn't the same as it once was.
    As for the cormorants, this is staging time . They will be migrating soon. they will leave one morning soon and fly south by the thousands. I've always wonder how they communicate. One of em must say lets go guys and they all take off at once. which one is in charge? Don't know.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Buddy and freind had a good hunt at Magee. 8 ducks and a goose. From what I've heard there are more ducks down this time of year (mid-October) than there have been in years.

Water levels are down. I took the sailboat from West Harbor to Port Clinton on Sunday. I noticed a lot of exposed areas in the entrance channel of West Harbor that weren't exposed back in July. Same with some areas along Sandusky Bay on the drive home. West Harbor water level at the dock is noticablly lower. Same in Port Clinton. You can see it on the beach at Port Clinton, exposed areas that weren't back in the summer. You have to wonder if we are on a downward trend in Erie water levels. During the big West wind blow last week I read on NOAA that the west end of the Lake was near low water datum. That wouldn't have been possible a few years ago when the water levels were so high, record levels and near.
    Last edited by West Basin; 10-24-2022 at 08:50 AM. Reason: add content

MICH. DNR told me 3 yrs ago those birds where wrecking the perch fishing in the U.P. Saw a pic. of one cut open must have had 50 perch fingerling in it's belly. " no lead pellets "