9-23 Perch (not/net) report (not Net Knot's) 9-23 Perch (not/net) report (not Net Knot's) 9-23 Perch (not/net) report (not Net Knot's) 9-23 Perch (not/net) report (not Net Knot's)

Default 9-23 Perch (not/net) report (not Net Knot's)

So had some family coming up for some perching fun Friday. i tried to get them to hold off due to high winds Thursday and the cold front that just passed through but to no avail. Nice emeralds from Jeannettes, rather rough at the mouth of the Portage River, and just a slow ride out to G can. Had big waves leftover from Thursday, wind was already dying out as forecasts had listed. Water clarity was maybe about 6"down. Anchored South of G. The trip was mostly uneventful, caught 5 Keepers/1 throwback at G, 2 catfish, 2 Gobies and a white perch in an hour and a half. Waves were diminishing with almost no wind from the N/NE Checked a favorite Spot around E can, no marks. One of the 3 net boats we saw traveling North while at G was pulling his nets approximately 3 miles WWSW of Green. I set up at a spot Short of D, caught 1 keeper, the net boat seen earlier went to the north of us and maybe .5 miles East of D can and started pulling/setting? his other net. Do not know where his fellow netters got to? Tried 3 more spots and caught 2 more keepers, caught more Gobies out there than perch. The wind died, lake like glass. Did have a ball with the anchor stuck in the rocks near Sugar Island!! Surface water temp. coming in was 63.8 Degrees. Caught alot of seaweed pulling anchor by the islands twice if you are thinking of trolling.

Watch out for the nets!!

Default Re: 9-23 Perch (not/net) report (not Net Knot's)

Hudson,
    Good to hear you made it out. I went to my usual spot around G Saturday and got my limit. Bite was real slow until around 10:30 and they turned on. I sent you a PM.