Perch Fishing Saturday 9/24 Perch Fishing Saturday 9/24 Perch Fishing Saturday 9/24 Perch Fishing Saturday 9/24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perch Fishing Saturday 9/24

I will be leaving Elkhart for a great day on the lake with my wife and grandson. I will be starting around the intake and have never fished that area, I hope to get some information some of the locals around the boat launch but if anyone fishes that area I would appreciate all wisdom shared.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Perch Fishing Saturday 9/24

[QUOTE=fishfinder;76306]I will be leaving Elkhart for a great day on the lake with my wife and grandson. I will be starting around the intake and have never fished that area, I hope to get some information some of the locals around the boat launch but if anyone fishes that area I would appreciate all wisdom shared.[/Q

lake was pretty rough today it looks like it should be fishable by late Friday and Saturday check with Butch and Dennys bait for help on what current fishing is looking like I was going up Friday but will may be a little rough see below report for Friday through Saturday

..SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT FRIDAY...

.TONIGHT...North winds 15 to 20 knots. Partly cloudy. Waves 2 to
    4 feet.
    .FRIDAY...North winds 5 to 15 knots becoming northeast less than
    10 knots. Sunny. Waves 1 to 3 feet subsiding to 1 foot or less.
    .FRIDAY NIGHT...Southeast winds 10 knots or less becoming south.
    Mostly cloudy. Waves 1 foot or less.
    .SATURDAY...South winds 5 to 10 knots. Partly sunny. Waves 1 foot
    or less.

Blog Entries

45165 Sep 23, 3:10 am EDT
    Wind: 15.6 kts @NNW (330)
    Gust: 23.3 kts
    ATemp: 54.7F
    WTemp: 69.3F
    Wave: 3.0 ft
    Per: 4 s
    limno.io/

Toledo water intake bouy this morning I think we will come up another day when lake calms down a little.
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 09-23-2022 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Added info

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

I have the same personal debate as many. Winds are forecast to die down starting this morning. Very light this evening and overnight but pick up on Saturday morning, but not bad, 12-15mph from the south, for the day. The issue isn't just the high winds from Wednesday and Thursday. The wind direction moved around a lot, from south to north to NNE then Saturday back to the South. That will cause the Lake currents to switch around a lot also, which is just as bad as the water clarity getting all murked up. I suspect the two combined may cause the fishing to take a day or two to really recover. So the delema: to make the drive and go on Saturday or not. Sunday shows some rain plus the winds pick up again in the afternoon. So Friday evening / Saturday looks like the only times to go this weekend. But will the fish have settled down?

I have been taught that it takes 2-3 days after a big blow for the fish to straighten out again. I will be going out Saturday for perch with 6 clients the weather looks great. Sunday now is 100% different story it looks like it's gonna blow again, welcome to fall on Lake Erie .

Capt. Andy

Yeah depends on how long and direction of blow to how long the fishing is bad.Could be a couple days to a week sometimes.Then the area you fish also factors in to it.The deeper the water the less damage to the fishing.

Slawdog81, Where do you go out of? I was thinking of trying the water intake are but I have never been there?

I run out of Port Clinton, I have not fished the intake yet this year. I have fished G, D cans, Niagara reef and Crib Reef.

I usually go out around Wild Wings but thought I might try a new area since I haven't been out yet

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Latest satellite image shows some clearer water in the eastern part of the South Passage to up between Kelleys and South Bass. West of the Islands is a little murky but not as bad as I thought it would be. Also the forecast is windy from Sunday afternoon through Wednesday with some rain. So tomorrow (Saturday) looks like it until next weekend.